iPhone going into safe mode

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by kjblik, Feb 1, 2012.

1. kjblik

kjblik New Member

I have an iPhone 4s and just recently I have jailbroken it and all was going great. Yesterday I had an app in the Apple store and when I hit update my phone crashes and restarts in safe mode. It does this only when there is updates in the regular app store, cydia changes update with no problem. I have turned off apps removed apps and pulled my hair out trying to find out why this is happenning. I am hoping someone else is having this problem and can shed some light on what I need to do to stop this from always happening.

Thanks
    Kjblik

2. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Have you tried to update an AppStore app while still in safemode..?

3. kjblik

kjblik New Member

When my iPhone goes into safe mode I slide to unlock and my password screen comes up and the app or apps update while my screen shows the springboard crashed and it gives you options of ok, restart or help. I don't do push any buttons and wait as the app updates and when all that gets completed I push restart and it comes out of safe mode and all is well with he world again and the app is updated. So it is just weird why it is spin this.

4. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

If you press OK you will stay in safemode...basically your iPhone will be running as stock...;)
    Find the SbSettings app on your springboard.. scroll down and select Mobile Substrates Addons..... each one of the toggles represent a Cydia tweak... you need to try and be logical and identify the offending tweak by switching off one toggle at a time and testing an AppStore update until you find the culprit.. Good Luck

5. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I'd install CrashReporter from Cydia. It will report to you all crashes and what's causing them. But, you will need to be out of safe mode and back in jailbreak to view this tweak.

6. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Its aggravating trying to figure out which tweak is causing this. I've had to go through it a couple times. Uninstalling and reinstalling one by one until I find the offender. Do you have any tweaks that have to do with the App Store installed? For example, I have "StayOpened" and "AppStore Update Size" installed. I don't have any issues with them but maybe you have something of that nature installed. Can you list all of your Cydia apps?