iPhone grabber across the internet.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
How can I do this? I set up an account on no-ip.com but I don't know how to make it so that when I go to the address I made with no-ip.com that it summons my computer and not just the cable-modem assigned IP address. I don't know exactly how to do this.

On a better note it works fine just on the network, but GOD it would be soooo cool to stream movies from my computer to my iPhone.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Please elabortate -
don't know how to make it so that when I go to the address I made with no-ip.com that it summons my computer and not just the cable-modem assigned IP address.
I don't understand exactly..

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Dynamic IP address?

sounds to me like you want to use iPhone Remote and the likes. There's a lot of info in their discussion groups about using a dynamic DNS client to get through to your computer when you have a cable/DSL modem with a changing (dynamic) IP address.

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
first - you need to give your desktop machine a fixed IP address on your home network. This is important - you need to have a fixed IP address on your home network so that your router can always locate it to forward traffic to it. Using DCHP will not work in this case.

Then you set PORT FORWARDING on your home router, say PORT 1024, to forward to the fixed IP address of your desktop computer. (Look in advanced settings on your Router set-up pages) Set both UDP and TCP on.

Now when you go to your no-ip.com address with :1024 added to the end of it, your home router will automatically forward the traffic to your desktop machine.

for example 12.255.255.1:1024