iPhone hacked?

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
My husbands family has started getting phone calls from someone and it shows up my husbands number. They are telling them that they are leaving my house(Joey's house) and will be there to get the Girl Scout cookies. That's very odd because my sister in law just delivered some Girl Scout cookies to us today, but my husband hasn't talked to anyone on the phone about it or sent any text about it. Does it sound like his phones been hacked? If so what can we do about it? He doesn't update his phone like he's supposed to so I'm wondering if that's why. I'm really freaking out about it. Please help me! Thanks!

offroadhunter

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
New York
There are apps that allow to you to show any number you basically want, a bud of mine is a telephone tech guy, he's able to make calls and have any number show up on the display he wants (or almost any number). That's one possibility.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Like the previous post from offroadhunter, that was the first thing that came to my mind.
Are you able to check with your carrier for a detailed bill? Usually the detailed ones will show what numbers call were made to and came from. I don't know if that would help at all or not, just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Jun 25, 2010
Sounds like a spoof, I thought there was a bill passed recently to make spoofing a felony though

-
It's a time machine, Napoleon. We bought it online.

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
The only thing that has me confused is we don't know anyone else who has a iPhone. I checked his call details on AT&T's website and it shows his sister calling him, but doesn't show him calling her. Does this mean someone must of got the app and used it to call her somehow?

Jun 25, 2010
No, search the web for spoofing software. It's everywhere, as for girlscout cookies, anyone could pick a number from thin air and call and say the girlscout cookies are in, I doubt it means you have a stalker, because it's girlscout season.

-
It's a time machine, Napoleon. We bought it online.

offroadhunter

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
New York
No, search the web for spoofing software. It's everywhere, as for girlscout cookies, anyone could pick a number from thin air and call and say the girlscout cookies are in, I doubt it means you have a stalker, because it's girlscout season.
I wish I had a stalker.. that would add a bit of excitement to my life!

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Those damn girl scouts are up to using scare tactics to sell their cookies now? What has world come to? Hahahaha
Sorry, not making fun of your situation Reginaalear 

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Those damn girl scouts are up to using scare tactics to sell their cookies now? What has world come to? Hahahaha
Sorry, not making fun of your situation Reginaalear 
Buy the cookies or else. I had to leave out the comments to keep it clean.

Image has been removed.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

Last edited by a moderator:

iiPaDFooT

Bronze
Aug 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
www.twitter.com
The only thing that has me confused is we don't know anyone else who has a iPhone. I checked his call details on AT&T's website and it shows his sister calling him, but doesn't show him calling her. Does this mean someone must of got the app and used it to call her somehow?
It's not necessarily from an iPhone. Actually it's LESS of a possibility its from an iPhone, because the only spoofing software for an iPhone requires a jailbreak. But the Droid Market and Blackberry App Store both have spoofing apps (Bluff My Call) for ANYONE to download. Like someone else said it's girlscout cookie season, so that can just be a lucky coincidence.

Watcher

Zealot
Gold
Mar 29, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I would bet money it's from someone you know! I do this sometimes to my friends... call them as their brother or sister and watch both of them look puzzled. :005:snicker

Spazzza

Bronze
Jan 13, 2011
Does it show your husbands number or does I say his name like is it caller Id. If it shows the caller Id the number might have been put in wrong