iPhone has lost all sound.....PLEASE HELP

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

aimzor

Aug 29, 2007
I'm not 100% sure when it actually stopped working, but for some reason my iPhone has no sound at all since I began the geohot HW unlock.....If anyone has any ideas as to what the problem could be or a possible fix please let me know, thanks in advance.

P.S. all the software works fine, just no sound

P.P.S. It is also not the mute button on the left, just checked :(

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I'm not 100% sure when it actually stopped working, but for some reason my iPhone has no sound at all since I began the geohot HW unlock.....If anyone has any ideas as to what the problem could be or a possible fix please let me know, thanks in advance.

P.S. all the software works fine, just no sound

P.P.S. It is also not the mute button on the left, just checked :(
No promises here, but try this. Maybe your audio daemon got corrupted or turned off. Try turning the sound off and then on again and maybe it will work.

Last edited by a moderator:

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
If you are doing the hardware modification there is always the chance that you accidentally nicked some other component. I don't know much of what is in the device but is there a chance you accidentally nicked something or hit something during the execution of this?

kdarling

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NJ, NC, CO
Did you plug anything into the headphone jack along the way?

If so, try putting the headphones in/out a few times.

The internal jack switchover is infamous for getting stuck.

GSY

Bronze
Mar 22, 2007
Make sure the switch on the side was not accidentally set to silent mode.

Sounds simple but that happeneded to me.

Mar 18, 2008
i have jailbreak iPhone from my phone. it was working fine til the other day while watching a video on MxTube i notice my iPhone starting lagging then afterwards i couldnt hear no sound from my phone nor could i watch videos or listen to my songs. when i make calls people can hear me but i can't hear them. I've never plugged headphones into my phone nor do i have anyphones. I've tried the plugging the heaphones into the iPhone trick and i still got not sound. don't know what to do and my friend has been busy soo he hasn't been around to help me. having a new phone i'm gettin impatient so i wonder what my options are.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
i have jailbreak iPhone from my phone. it was working fine til the other day while watching a video on MxTube i notice my iPhone starting lagging then afterwards i couldnt hear no sound from my phone nor could i watch videos or listen to my songs. when i make calls people can hear me but i can't hear them. I've never plugged headphones into my phone nor do i have anyphones. I've tried the plugging the heaphones into the iPhone trick and i still got not sound. don't know what to do and my friend has been busy soo he hasn't been around to help me. having a new phone i'm gettin impatient so i wonder what my options are.

I would try restoring

Mar 18, 2008
tried resetting it

and still doesn't work. my volume rocker doesn't bring anything up either when i try to see if the volume work. and when i check the volume, it's always turned down all the way. if i restore, will the phone lock up on me? because i'm on t-mobile.