iPhone has MAJOR problems

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
I picked up a 4g iPhone yesterday, and I'm very disappointed in a few things.

1) The ear piece volume is the WORST I'VE HEARD ON ANY CELL PHONE, EVER. This includes phones I had 7-8 years ago. With the volume all the way up, you can barley hear the person on the line. It's actually so bad that the phone is almost un-usable unless you're in a completely silent room.

2) I'm not getting a lot of my texts. I had 2 friends text me 5 times in a row, I never received any of the messages.

cman6453

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I haven't heard of any issues with the earpiece on the phone. Mine seems to be working fine. BUT, I have the 8GB, maybe there's a difference? :laugh2:

As for text messages, mine seems to be coming in fine as well and I haven't heard much about the troubles there. It could the traffic in the network?

Consider yourself lucky because the biggest MAJOR issue seems to be getting the phone activated. Some folks are on their 2nd SIM chip and a day and a 1/2 into their phone and have only been able to marvel at the sight of it.

wmfe

Jul 1, 2007
yeah i had the same problem and had to use the speaker phone.. that is until i tool the plastic film off the front that covers the ear piece...

lilnef

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
glass cover

if dropped with the glass screen really break and if it does is it fixable

iPhone_SD

Jul 2, 2007
Speaker Phone

I've just purchase the 8g iPhone, Everything was design real nice. The phone is almost perfect, but the one big disappointment for me was the speaker phone it sounds real low with the volume all the way up, and i can't really hear it when i have it on speaker mode, also the rings and music sound low.:(

smh6993

Jul 6, 2007
the speaker phone does need improvement, but the ipod part of it is actually really loud. . .but personnally I don't think I'd use the ipod w/out earphones. . the volume there is extremely high. I think that the phone speaker is something that Apple needs to fix pronto.

howardes

Jul 3, 2007
The volume on my iPhone is terrible, just the pits! I am talking about when using the iPhone as a Phone by holding it up to your ear to talk on. This is a complete waste and needs to be fixed. Please someone at Apple hear our cry.

As for everyone that was luckily enough to get one of the iPhones that sounds great using it that way, be happy, please put up with our complaints. I will listen to yours - if not from the volume - and hope like I do for my Low Volume iPhone problems that Apple fixes it with out us needing to buy a new model or worse a completely different phone.

-howard

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY

1) The ear piece volume is the WORST I'VE HEARD ON ANY CELL PHONE, EVER. This includes phones I had 7-8 years ago. With the volume all the way up, you can barley hear the person on the line. It's actually so bad that the phone is almost un-usable unless you're in a completely silent room.

2) I'm not getting a lot of my texts. I had 2 friends text me 5 times in a row, I never received any of the messages.
if you transfered your number from another company it takes a day or two,,maybe three to get the text messages routed to your new phone. the day i set up my iPhone i was able to send text from the iPhone but what still receiving them on my old phone with tmobile....until the next day that problem was fixed.
for the hearing issues..may have a bad Apple...no pun intended...lol..see if you can get a replacement.

eric1952

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
low phone volume

The volume on my iPhone is terrible, just the pits! I am talking about when using the iPhone as a Phone by holding it up to your ear to talk on. This is a complete waste and needs to be fixed. Please someone at Apple hear our cry.

As for everyone that was luckily enough to get one of the iPhones that sounds great using it that way, be happy, please put up with our complaints. I will listen to yours - if not from the volume - and hope like I do for my Low Volume iPhone problems that Apple fixes it with out us needing to buy a new model or worse a completely different phone.

-howard
i agree 100%the ipod sounds great but when talking on the phone i can hardly hear the caller.it was a little better when using the head set,but i guess thats because it was right in my ear. lets hope there will be a software update to fix the problem. my wife is giving me real grief on spending $600 on a phone i could barely hear

Holly.

Jul 7, 2007
I'm not going to agree with the fact that it has major problems, but the ear speaker does kinda suck. On pretty much every phone I've ever owned, I could talk to people when at a concert. Even though it was very difficult, it could be done. Last night, multiple people called me while at a concert and I couldn't hear a word any one of them said.

pmaddock3

Jul 9, 2007
I thought the same thing about the speaker volume until I found the volume adjustment on the side of the phone. With the adjustment, I have no problem hearing my songs or people on either the speakerphone or when using the phone as a typical phone up to my ear.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
a few problems also

*It has been also a little embarrasing for me to show off my iPhone and it crashes. I reset it then its fine but still embarrasing.
*I also cannot hear the person talking very well through my earphone when receiving a call.
*I have the expensive earphones, won't work on iPhone.
*On some of my album covers the right cover does not go with the right song or artist.
*My keyboard flickers every once in awhile.

Anyone else have these problems?, forgive me if they have already been discussed.
Besides the other typical complaints, ringtones, pix & video messaging, mass txting, and especially volume of ring (I do not hear it ringing most of the time) and the speaker for the voicemall plays back so low, I still love my iPhone but I feel like I am accepting all these faults because the novelty of it is still all new.

brinky

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
*It has been also a little embarrasing for me to show off my iPhone and it crashes. I reset it then its fine but still embarrasing.
*I also cannot hear the person talking very well through my earphone when receiving a call.
*On some of my album covers the right cover does not go with the right song or artist.

Anyone else have these problems?, forgive me if they have already been discussed.
Besides the other typical complaints, ringtones, pix & video messaging, mass txting, and especially volume of ring (I do not hear it ringing most of the time) and the speaker for the voicemall plays back so low, I still love my iPhone but I feel like I am accepting all these faults because the novelty of it is still all new.
Sounds like you have a bad iPhone. You can try the restore option from within iTunes to see if that fixes any of the problems, or just return it to Apple for a new one.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I've had none of those issues. I've had my phone since the night they came out too. I've talked to a few other owners here at work too. A few have had some random lockups and stuff. But I guess I've been lucky. No issues at all.

neo

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
murf, Tn

I have everyone of those, even the flickering.. i still love this phone and just hope this will all be fixed in the updates. Even if it doesn't i am still keeping it and happy

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Upgrading from my ancient RAZR soon - is an iPhone worth considering?
If you want an unbiased opinion, you're asking in the wrong place ;). I personally hate the RAZR and worship the iPhone. It's like comparing an '84 Pinto to a Bugatti Veyron, the user experience is just so vastly improved and different that it's hard to put the RAZR and iPhone in even the same category.

cj sparrow

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Colorado
No major problems here

I have an 8 Gb iPhone, and the volume is just fine. As good as my old Razr.

As for your texts. Are they coming from Cingular/AT&T customers or other systems? Most all of the texts I get are from AT&T customers and I have gotten them all.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines

why are complaining here, then! Return it and go away. What is this silly post supposed to accomplish?