iPhone has no sounds other than ringtone

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by dressagerider, Oct 8, 2012.

1. dressagerider

dressagerider Member
    Bronze

My iPhone 4S has no sounds other than a ring tone.

I researched online and found some tips to clean the dock and ear phone area and it worked for a few minutes an then went silent again.

If I plug earphone in all sounds are available. Sounds meaning text and email alerts, typing and slide open clicks, and so forth. It is as if my phone thinks the earphones are plugged in but they are not. Also, some sounds will randomly work and then stop.

Any help would be much appreciated!

2. Muckcityjustin

Gold

I had this problem too. I just continually plugged my headphones in and out kind of hard for about 30 seconds and whatever is in the headphone jack that was stuck became unstuck. I know it's a long shot but give that a go.

3. dressagerider

dressagerider Member
    Bronze

Thank you! I tried this but not as long as you recommend. I will do so now

4. Muckcityjustin

Gold

If that doesn't work take it to Apple.. I know that as long as you get a decent person working at one of the stores they will try to fix it. They have been known to help even past warranty date

5. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

Also pull up your music and make sure the volume without the head phone is up and that you can hear a song play. Ringtone volume and system volume can sometimes be set differently.