iPhone HAS ONLY 300MB HARD DRIVE

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 30, 2007
My iPhone has only 300 megabytes on it after i added ringtones. everytime i restore the settings restore but i don't want to keep on adding ringtones everytime i restore. is there a way to bypass restoring and fixing the situation. in iTunes it says i have a total of 300mb to use, but thats impossible since i already have 1gig of music on the iPhone. something is screwdup, and im hoping someone can help me. thank

Josh

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
i had the same problem when i went to mod my phone manually using terminal (before the ifantastic or whatever it's called came out). The only way to fix this is to restore the phone. I tried every which way to tuesday and nothing worked. I also googled for an hour and still no remedies were found.....

sorry. maybe someone else has a better solution.

Jul 30, 2007
hey thanks for replying. Now i know at least it not just me. Thing is i used both terminal and ifangastic and both give me the same head ache

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
it definitely sounds like a restore is in order, I also googled that issue cause I was intrigued by your problem. I also checked the other popular modding site for the same issue and found some one that needed to run a restore in order to fix the issue. Upon doing so he was able to re-do his mods without a hitch.

Good luck, hope everything turns out okay!

jdudzy

Jul 14, 2007
My iPhone has only 300 megabytes on it after i added ringtones. everytime i restore the settings restore but i don't want to keep on adding ringtones everytime i restore. is there a way to bypass restoring and fixing the situation. in iTunes it says i have a total of 300mb to use, but thats impossible since i already have 1gig of music on the iPhone. something is screwdup, and im hoping someone can help me. thank
This same thing happened to me. To fix it make sure iTunes is closed out, run the activity monitor and make sure to quit process on iTunes helper. Then just follow the steps again, with iTunes helper closed it should work.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
This same thing happened to me. To fix it make sure iTunes is closed out, run the activity monitor and make sure to quit process on iTunes helper. Then just follow the steps again, with iTunes helper closed it should work.
I also heard that it might be you need to put the right version of System.plist in place on the iPhone, if that helps. I believe the above steps helps with that.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
I also heard that it might be you need to put the right version of System.plist in place on the iPhone, if that helps. I believe the above steps helps with that.
That is what it is, you need to put the Services.plist file back when you are done modding. This affects mac users only though.

farib

Aug 1, 2007
The same happened to me when I activated with iActivator. After a lot of hasseling, and resistance to restore using iTunes (because now it will only use the updated firmware, and I want to lay low waiting for the SIM unlock), I finally fixed it in a very simple manner: Return to Jail with iActivator. It probably restores the Services.plist only when you send it back to Alcatraz!

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
That is what it is, you need to put the Services.plist file back when you are done modding. This affects mac users only though.
How and when should this be done? How do you put it back in Terminal? And if using iFuntastic 2, how is this accomplished?