iPhone headphones went through washing Machine

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Was doing laundry, and went to pull the clothes out of the washing machine only to find my iPhone headphones at the bottom.

I searched online and found that most people said they let theirs dry, and they worked fine.

Just wanted to say that same was true for me! (y) I let them sit over night (don't even need a bag of rice or anything), and then worked just fine this morning. Even the button and volume controls. :)

Krabby

Jan 22, 2009
Was doing laundry, and went to pull the clothes out of the washing machine only to find my iPhone headphones at the bottom.

I searched online and found that most people said they let theirs dry, and they worked fine.

Just wanted to say that same was true for me! (y) I let them sit over night (don't even need a bag of rice or anything), and then worked just fine this morning. Even the button and volume controls. :)
It's fine b/c there wasn't any power going through them at the time. The same can't be said if it was plugged in and you threw them in water.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'm terrible about leaving stuff in my pockets. Not things like iPhones, only light stuff - but I've washed a few pairs of headphones, and they've all continued to work just as they did before.

scraggles

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
Happened to me too, I washed a pair of Apple headphones that I modded, and they still work fine.
I washed my Apple before and it ate just fine. I like that about Apple products. You can clean them, and eat them. Nom nom.

scraggles

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
I agree with sean. My iPhone is the single most important gadget that I have.

hinky

Bronze
Jul 10, 2009
So... do they sound better now?