iPhone heat up issue

iusfani

Sep 5, 2009
Hello all,

I have been using iPhone 3GS for about 2 months now and almost everyday I notice that my phone gets so heat up if:

1) I am talking over the phone more than 5 minutes (With or w/o bluetooth headset)
2) I am playing games for 20 minutes or more
3) the phone is on charge.

Can someone please advise if this is a known issue and how can this be fixed? Let me know if I need to get it replaced by the carrier.

Thanks,

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
It's normal for the phone to get warm. It's it feels HOT, then that's completely different. Hot is when it's uncomfortable to hold.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It's normal for them to get hot with use, especially GPS apps and games. It is not normal for them to get really hot. Basically, the rule of thumb is, if it's hot enough that it is uncomfortable to hold, exchange it. If it's really warm, but not so hot that you can't hold it, don't worry about it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Not exactly. He said it's normal for it to get warm and I said it's normal for it to get hot (under certain circumstances). We both said that it shouldn't get uncomfortably hot.

mayniak

Bronze
Aug 30, 2009
miami
its normal for that to happen. remember that iPhones don't have cooling fans so it wont be cooled unless you let it chill for a little bit. i experience the same thing to so i just use my house phone whenever im home. do you drain out your battery every week?