iPhone heating up..normal?

bunnunce_boy3

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
hello,
jsut wondering if my iPhones are supposed to heat up? when im on it for a little bit, the back gets pretty warm...thanks for any advice!

mad_vtak

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
Never felt mine get warm before.

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
Mine does that too. Just gets warm though, not too hot. Mostly does after I'm online for awhile.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
hello,
jsut wondering if my iPhones are supposed to heat up? when im on it for a little bit, the back gets pretty warm...thanks for any advice!
It's normal. Mines a little weird in that respect. Holding my naked phone in my hand while browsing for a while, it will feel warm right around the Apple logo on the back, but it feels cool to "sensitive" skin like the inside of my wrists or lips.
But in general warm is normal. Hot is not. If your phone ever feels hot to the touch, like a hot ceramic mug of coffee, that's a problem, and you will need to take it in to Apple (restore it before taking it in to test and to protect yourself) for a replacement/ repair.

bunnunce_boy3

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
dang...u put your iPhone inside your lips? hahha. jk. ok thanks...this is my 5th yup 5th iPhone in 2 months b/c everyone has had some problem and they have been getting replaced. However the 1st 4 haven't ever felt warm like that...

Jan 14, 2008
hello,

Mine gets quite warm especially when using the satelite function on maps

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Mine will get warm at time but nothing to extremely. Only when using the CPU for extended periods of time.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
dang...u put your iPhone inside your lips? hahha. jk. ok thanks...this is my 5th yup 5th iPhone in 2 months b/c everyone has had some problem and they have been getting replaced. However the 1st 4 haven't ever felt warm like that...
Well, you know... I love my iPhone.
:p