Jul 14, 2007
NJ
I just activated my iPhone and i wanna know do u have to enable edge? and how

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
It should be activated already. When you sign up for the voice and data plan for the iPhone, Edge is a part of it.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Right...EDGE is part of the AT&T network and you shouldn't have to enable it or do anything, actually. Once you've jailbroken your iPhone (if that is your plan), you can use one of a few apps that will allow you to disable EDGE at your leisure.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
EDGE is part of the plan. As soon as you've signed, you've got it. Like Hondamker said, you can disable EDGE via a 3rd Party App when jailbroken, but I've heard that doing that can result in it not not wanting to turn back on.

- John

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
EDGE is part of the plan. As soon as you've signed, you've got it. Like Hondamker said, you can disable EDGE via a 3rd Party App when jailbroken, but I've heard that doing that can result in it not not wanting to turn back on.

- John
I tried it once for the helluvit, and EDGE came back with no problem, but I only did it for a few seconds (I chickened out).

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch

Congrats, I had been following another thread when you were really wanting the phone and how much more money you needed to get it. Glad you got it.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Congrats, I had been following another thread when you were really wanting the phone and how much more money you needed to get it. Glad you got it.
My sentiments, exactly.
@Bboy Trick: Happy for you! Mind sharing how you came up with the last $160, or thereabout?