iPhone help/tips/my questions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 24, 2007
I've owned an iPhone for about one week now, and i need some help with it, my main questions being:

1. Can i download apps to iPhone?
2. is there any hidden stuff it can do?
3. are there any free iPhone ringtone programs?
4. does Apple update applications/or add onto the application list in the updates?

That is just about all my questions, if i have more i will add on.

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
I've owned an iPhone for about one week now, and i need some help with it, my main questions being:

1. Can i download apps to iPhone?
2. is there any hidden stuff it can do?
3. are there any free iPhone ringtone programs?
4. does Apple update applications/or add onto the application list in the updates?

That is just about all my questions, if i have more i will add on.
dude
1. Download ibrickr from ibrickr.com, this will free your phone so you can install apps.
2. Hidden as in? you'll have to search for that. but with added apps the power of the iPhone will be unleashed.
3. ibrickr does ringtones (and its free)
4. Apple updates so far have been to correct small flaws in its software nothing major like a new app. from them. The only one comming this month is the iTunes store for the iPhone...

and thats all she wrote.

Sep 24, 2007
why wait? iBrickr is flawless and its pretty straightforward.
You're missing out dude

i would use it...but...im not really into the idea hacking into and possibly messing up the software on my $300 investment..and what happens if i actually do mess something up...and doesn't that just completely void the warranty?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
i would use it...but...im not really into the idea hacking into and possibly messing up the software on my $300 investment..and what happens if i actually do mess something up...and doesn't that just completely void the warranty?
Yes. Apple even warned people about hacking the software this week.

sp33d

Bronze
Aug 28, 2007
No... if you read the post carefuly, you can see that Apple warned people about hacking the SIM portion so that other carriers can use it. This does not pertain to 3rd party applications.

Apple Warns Hackers
Apple on Monday said they will not cover under warranty iPhones that have been damaged due to third-party unlock hacks.

iBrickr is not a unlock hack but just a software used with PC to install 3rd party apps on it. Besides if you don't like it, you can simply remove it with a simple "restore" from iTunes. Believe me, I've had to restore before and everytime I do, it goes back to when I first bought the damn thing. Well it is your call. Just letting you know, you're missing out! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

z28black98

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Tulsa, OK
No... if you read the post carefuly, you can see that Apple warned people about hacking the SIM portion so that other carriers can use it. This does not pertain to 3rd party applications.

Apple Warns Hackers
Apple on Monday said they will not cover under warranty iPhones that have been damaged due to third-party unlock hacks.

iBrickr is not a unlock hack but just a software used with PC to install 3rd party apps on it. Besides if you don't like it, you can simply remove it with a simple "restore" from iTunes. Believe me, I've had to restore before and everytime I do, it goes back to when I first bought the damn thing. Well it is your call. Just letting you know, you're missing out! ;)
yeah you can always just restore if anything happens, but I have yet to read a post where someone bricked their iPhone by using ibrickr. But you aksed how to download apps and we are giving you the answers. Installer is a great app, I check it 2-3 times a day for updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 24, 2007
yeah you can always just restore if anything happens, but I have yet to read a post where someone bricked their iPhone by using ibrickr. But you aksed how to download apps and we are giving you the answers. Installer is a great app, I check it 2-3 times a day for updates.
Yeah, I guess I can try it.