iPhone holding value

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
It seems that the original iPhone is holding its own. Prices on Ebay have seem to rise for the iPhone v1 since the announcement of iPhone 3g. At first the iPhone was declining in price on Ebay, but now for whatever reason they have gone back up. Thats good iPhone is the Cadillac of phones. :cool:

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
maybe the news that the 3G iPhones will have to be activated in stores at purchase is making people realize that the first generation iPhone is still their best bet for the moment to get an unlocked iPhone to use with the provider of their choosing? regardless of the reason, i'm glad to hear it - i still don't think i can bear to part with my iday 8gb iPhone, but if i do, it's nice to know that i might still be able to get good money for it...

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
At first the iPhones were dropping in price for around $250 or so on Ebay, but lately the price is back up to 350.00 or above. That is good.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I dunno, if you look on Craigslist, they are slowly coming down in price now. Some people are still trying to ask for like $400 for their iPhones on there, but mostly people are selling them for like $200->$250ish. One person is selling both his iPhones for $185 (for both of them).

One guy is trying to sell the box that his iPhone came in. Who the heck would want that?

I can't work out why anyone would want to buy v1 one now, when come July 11th, they will drop in price. Wish oil would go the same way, but that will be a miracle!

At first the iPhones were dropping in price for around $250 or so on Ebay, but lately the price is back up to 350.00 or above. That is good.

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Well I had the iPhone v1 and sold it 3 weeks ago for 375.00 Yesterday I bought one for a little over 200.00 sold my blackberry curve, which I had a problem enjoying it after having the iPhone. So I am going to keep the V1 just in case I cannot get my hands on the 3g iPhone. And who knows the 3g may not be all that great and according to what I have read AT&T is going to charge 30.00 a month for the (3g) and a additional 5.00 for 200 Text. Now that figures to be 15.00 more a month, just for going with the 3g. So I guess I will wait and see,

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I'm thinking about going back to the v1 when the 3G iPhone comes out also. I think AT&T is just trying to rip people off now, with all these new fees it introduced for the 3G iPhone. I've been using the AT&T Tilt (8525 before that) on their 3G network for over 2 years now, and all I had to do, was sign up to the $15 a month MediaNet Unlimited plan.

Hopefully after July 11th, the V1s will be cheap.

I hope you declared the profit you made on selling your old iPhone to the IRS. We need all the cash we can, to blow in Iraq! ;)

Well I had the iPhone v1 and sold it 3 weeks ago for 375.00 Yesterday I bought one for a little over 200.00 sold my blackberry curve, which I had a problem enjoying it after having the iPhone. So I am going to keep the V1 just in case I cannot get my hands on the 3g iPhone. And who knows the 3g may not be all that great and according to what I have read AT&T is going to charge 30.00 a month for the (3g) and a additional 5.00 for 200 Text. Now that figures to be 15.00 more a month, just for going with the 3g. So I guess I will wait and see,