iPhone home button failing, out of warranty

Drs1685

Aug 17, 2010
So I have a iPhone 4, it had some home Button issues and I took it to Apple and couldn't reproduce it in store so I was sent my way but was told my account would be noted, well here it is 4 mos later and my warranty has expired and the problem is really bad now, do you think Apple will do anything for me being my warranty is now up

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thread moved to the iPhone 4 section.

If your device is out of warranty I highly doubt Apple will replace it.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
We all seem to be having this problem. Lucky for me, I bought my iPhone with my American Express card and they double all warranties on products. Only thing is, I have to go through Amex instead of Apple.

miss tara

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
La la land, Tx
@FlwrPwer mine is also having home button issues and my wi-fi won't connect. I also bought my iPhone 4 with my AE. Did you just call AE? Did you have to pay anything? Thanks!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
So I have a iPhone 4, it had some home Button issues and I took it to Apple and couldn't reproduce it in store so I was sent my way but was told my account would be noted, well here it is 4 mos later and my warranty has expired and the problem is really bad now, do you think Apple will do anything for me being my warranty is now up
Yes, I think they will still replace it for you for free since it was documented while it was still under warranty. They would probably still do it even if it wasn't documented. Apple is awesome like that.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
If you don't get anything at the store, call Apple and tell them the same story and I'll be very surprised if they don't replace it.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
@FlwrPwer mine is also having home button issues and my wi-fi won't connect. I also bought my iPhone 4 with my AE. Did you just call AE? Did you have to pay anything? Thanks!
I haven't done it yet, but when I do, I will update you and let you know what happened and how I went about doing it. :)