iPhone Home Button issues

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Dec 23, 2007
I bought my 4 gig phone about 3 months ago, and i unlocked it (my warranty no longer is valid). My home key is acting all funny now... it will only work when i use a lot of force with my fingernail to slide across the button... or just push it really hard... What can i do to fix this? ive taken it to the Apple store, but they told me that they cant touch it. Has anyone had this problem? if so, is there a solution? Thanks

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I bought my 4 gig phone about 3 months ago, and i unlocked it (my warranty no longer is valid). My home key is acting all funny now... it will only work when i use a lot of force with my fingernail to slide across the button... or just push it really hard... What can i do to fix this? ive taken it to the Apple store, but they told me that they cant touch it. Has anyone had this problem? if so, is there a solution? Thanks

Did you try shutting the phone down, and restarting? But if you went to Apple, I am sure they told you some tricks as well?

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
damn thatst he exact problem ive been dealin with for the past month.. it feels normal not liek somthing blocking it you just have to press really hard to get it to work. i hate it because sometiems i havet o press it a couple times to use it and i can barley ever use the double tap features because of this problem its so annoying. the only thing stopping me from getting it replaced is all my apps and crap i don't want to redo eveyrthing.

and ovbiously they wont help you out because you modded yours you have to restore it before you take to to them so they wont know that your warrantys voided.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Did you try shutting the phone down, and restarting? But if you went to Apple, I am sure they told you some tricks as well?
They refused service for him because they saw the phone was unlocked. They see that, and you're kicked out.

- John

Dec 23, 2007
it feels like there is a lot of give to the button... it goes down really far when I push it. ive thought about possibly taking my phone apart to clean it. ive seen some dissasembly tutorials, but it looks too risky to attempt it. i guess im kinda stuck with it. :oops:

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
just restore and then go to the Apple store. u will have to jailbreak and redo all your mods but your phone will work properly.
But being that it's unlocked, they will have a fit if anything other than AT&T is in the upper left corner. (unlocking is different from jailbreaking/hacking)