iPhone home button

coolie

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Ok I have a 4gb iPhone and there's a problem. I have to press hard on the home button for it to work, it didn't do that before. Do you think I can go to the Apple store and get an exchange or something?

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
is it jailbroken or unlocked? and if it isn't ya i bet you could unless there was a huge dent frfom a drop around it or something... good luck

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I would agree. Unless there is some glaring dent or something impeding the button as the result of a drop or spill then I imagine Apple would more than take care of the issue.

coolie

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
There's a tiny dent on the top right side of the iPhone and that's it. The home button and the surrounding looks fine as if it was normal.

It is jailbroken and unlocked, but I can always restore it right?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Mine does the same thing. The home button is also cracked, there is a large dent on the back, several scratches, a hairline crack on the screen, etc. I'm just waiting until 3G.

- John

OCiBot

May 9, 2008
CO
Dang, John! For your sake, it's unfortunate that the 3g probably won't have a force field feature.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
No, but it will have an Agent 18 case on it 24/7.

- John

OCiBot

May 9, 2008
CO
Ahhh. They do look cool and protective.

dodgeboy23

Bronze
Feb 13, 2008
Chicago
I'm starting to have this problem as well. Before i would press down hard and it would wok but now its getting to the point where i have to press it down a bunch of times and its reeeally annoying. Anyone have this problem before and took it back and got it replaced or repaired? I feel like if i take it in to the Apple store and the genius checks it out its gonna magically work every time he presses it.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
yeah i used to have this problem with my first iPhone its really annoying. take it to Apple store restore it first an dtheyll replace it no problem. just show them and theyll press it and see that there is sumtin wrong

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Maybe take a can of compressed air and blow it into the gap surrounding the button. Maybe there is some dirt or grit in there. There also could be some sticky residue as from a soda splash or something.