iPhone hooked up to the car...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mrpacijr

Jun 24, 2007
I'm just wondering if there is any way to hook my iPhone up to my cdplayer if it doesn't have an aux? I couldn't find anything like the cassette adapter for cd players or something? Any help...

Gurk33

Jul 20, 2007
I'm just wondering if there is any way to hook my iPhone up to my cdplayer if it doesn't have an aux? I couldn't find anything like the cassette adapter for cd players or something? Any help...
That's a very broad question. It depends what type of head unit (CD player) you have in your car. Is it stock or aftermarket? If it's stock, many of them have special aux adapters you can use in place of where a cd changer would go. The same goes for aftermarket. I recommend Crutchfield.com. They're good with specific vehicles and systems. If you have a really old car/head unit you might just consider a new one that does accept aux. You can get a really decent one for even as low as $150.

Usual21

Jul 5, 2007
If you have a radio you can feed it in through a FM transmitter like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-9501-...2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1186062024&sr=8-3
This is true, but only good if you live somewhere that is not to congested. I live in the NYC metro area and about 99.9 of the stations are used up already. You can't find an empty station. Another thing is that the music sounds garbage. I used to love my Belkin Car Kit. It would charge my iPod and transmit the music through my AUX input. FCor some reason, it will not transmit the music from my iPhone. I hope they make a new iPhone compatible one.