iPhone iCal sync bug

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

malcozer

Jul 3, 2007
Anyone experiencing problems with the iPhone where appointments created on the device is not synced to iCal when docked? Appointments created in iCal sync fine, but not ones created on the phone. After the sync the appointment is still on the phone, but has not been transferred to iCal.

Thanks,

marcos

i-Fred

Jul 3, 2007
San Carlos, CA
phone to pc works for me, but...

i am using Outlook 2002 on a PC, and i can sync from phone to pc, but am having a bug where recurring entries don't get xfered to the phone-- anybody else having this issue?

malcozer

Jul 3, 2007
I have been reading a lot of forums and it appears there are a lot of bugs with the ical/iPhone sync situation. If I sync all 3 calendars of mine then either nothing gets transferred from phone to iCal or it gets transferred into a read only calendar even though I have the correct one selected in my settings. I have to sync only one calendar if I want the sync to work correctly.
Guess I will wait for the next software update...

marcos

Jul 10, 2007
Here is my fix for the read-only problem

I have been reading a lot of forums and it appears there are a lot of bugs with the ical/iPhone sync situation. If I sync all 3 calendars of mine then either nothing gets transferred from phone to iCal or it gets transferred into a read only calendar even though I have the correct one selected in my settings. I have to sync only one calendar if I want the sync to work correctly.
Guess I will wait for the next software update...

marcos
I had the same problem and found your post. Then I tried this and it worked.
I was subscribing to "DVD releases" for my iCal. After deleting this subscription I now chose one of several of my non-subscription calendars for iPhone calendar entries and it works perfectly!

Good luck!

Adam

Jul 10, 2007
can't sync subscribed calendar

It looks like remote/subscribed calendars break the sync process. I have only been able to sync local calendars, which is very disappointing.

If any calendar subscriptions are present in my iCal, the sync just hangs.

I had the same problem and found your post. Then I tried this and it worked.
I was subscribing to "DVD releases" for my iCal. After deleting this subscription I now chose one of several of my non-subscription calendars for iPhone calendar entries and it works perfectly!

Good luck!

cdenomme

Aug 15, 2007
My problem with the iPhone and iCal syncing is a time change. I have checked all the settings about time zone support etc. and all appears to be in order however whenever I sync all my times get bumped by 4 hours (early).

Any thoughts?

sadie

Oct 2, 2007
ical and iPhone time change

I am having exactly the same problem. I spent 2 hours on the phone with Apple support yesterday and it still isn't fixed. Did you find out how to fix it?

gparratto

Oct 30, 2007
iPhone cal sync bug

I am having the same issue and no resolution yet. I did add a third local calendar and that's when it when off 4 hours. If you figure this one out, let me know.

My problem with the iPhone and iCal syncing is a time change. I have checked all the settings about time zone support etc. and all appears to be in order however whenever I sync all my times get bumped by 4 hours (early).

Any thoughts?