iPhone iCon Change Icons on your home screen

phoenixjea

Jul 10, 2007
California
myspace.com
I made my own icons, somewhat influenced by LoringStudios. :laugh2:
They're more on a personal scale [[w/ the pink, my picture in it, my handwriting for the keyboard on text, & my handwriting & photoshopped post-it note for the "Notes" icon ... :) and a picture of my camera for the Camera icon :p Took nearly an hour and a half to complete not including the like, 15 minutes it took to actually put them on the phone.... but it was really fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
They're more on a personal scale [[w/ the pink, my picture in it, my handwriting for the keyboard on text, & my handwriting & photoshopped post-it note for the "Notes" icon ... :) and a picture of my camera for the Camera icon :p Took nearly an hour and a half to complete not including the like, 15 minutes it took to actually put them on the phone.... but it was really fun!

All the changes I've made to my iPhone so far +ringtones.

REALLY blurry picture, but it's the bubbles of the text messages & the bubble you type in is pink also. =]
I want mine pink! lol I'm going to change my icons right now... do you mind if you post the battery? =] it would be awesome!

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007

REALLY blurry picture, but it's the bubbles of the text messages & the bubble you type in is pink also. =]

I love the customizing you've done.! It looks great! Can you tell me what directory you typed in the iPhoneinterface program to change the bottom of the homescreen and the battery (at the top)? I thought it was this " /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/" and then the icon name. I guess not since nothing changed when I restarted. lol:)

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
Britna can I send you my 4 icons and can you do the little box thing in the back? my photoshop isint working too good. 3 of them are strange formats I couldnt upload them via flickr so do you have an email address I can send them too? thanks

Britna

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Britna can I send you my 4 icons and can you do the little box thing in the back? my photoshop isint working too good. 3 of them are strange formats I couldnt upload them via flickr so do you have an email address I can send them too? thanks

Sorry, I'm kind of busy with all of my stuff! ha, really.. it's taking forever.

.:MirrorminD:.

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
guys can I already have my icons in the phone dmg folder before I start this ?

yes and no, you can but since most of them are named icon.png you can only have 1 at a time, so put the first one on your phone then copy a new one to the directory, repeat and rinse :cool:

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
mirror what is your email i'll try to send you the four icons, I don't know if you will be able to open them but w/e.
thanks

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
now im lost

Ok lets start from the beginning: If you have a mac then all you have to do is read this:
http://www.hacktheiPhone.com/iPhone_changing_system_icons.html

If you have a PC, now assuming you already ran jailbreak and have iPhoneinterface open and connected to the phone:

so it looks like:
iPhone#/

this is where all the icons live:

/Applications/Calculator.app/
/Applications/Maps.app/
/Applications/MobileCal.app/ This is the calendar.
/Applications/MobileMail.app/
/Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/
/Applications/MobileNotes.app/
/Applications/MobilePhone.app/
/Applications/MobileSafari.app/
/Applications/MobileSlideShow.app/icon-Camera.png
/Applications/MobileSlideShow.app/icon-Photos.png
/Applications/MobileSMS.app/
/Applications/MobileTimer.app/ This is the clock.
/Applications/Preferences.app/ This is Settings.
/Applications/Stocks.app/
/Applications/Weather.app/
/Applications/YouTube.app/

So all you have to do is go to each directory, for example if i wanna do the calc. it would look like this:

iPhone:/#cd /Applications/Calculator.app/
iPhone:/Applications/Calculator.app/# putfile /Applications/Calculator.app/icon.png

then keep repeating that for each directory

SCMedic

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Not having much luck with this.... XP user. I managed to get the Calculator changed, but then switched to Mobile Cal, and kept getting file 0 when adding icon.png. Wouldn't change anything. On top of that, couldn't get to the next directory. Kept saying it wasn't found.

Help us lowly XP users. :(

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
mirror what is your email i'll try to send you the four icons, I don't know if you will be able to open them but w/e.
thanks
Here you go, I also added the blue battery icons and a few docks, just do a search for them or if u get stuck lemmie know, also please help me out with some rep points (little guy with a '+' sign under my name

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Not having much luck with this.... XP user. I managed to get the Calculator changed, but then switched to Mobile Cal, and kept getting file 0 when adding icon.png. Wouldn't change anything. On top of that, couldn't get to the next directory. Kept saying it wasn't found.

Help us lowly XP users. :(

Alhonestly that happened to me quite a few times, i would change one then have to disconnect then reconnect it was annoying but try that and see if you can do it that way at least

Reactions: MooShoo