iPhone Images Descriptions and Locations List!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
This list is originally from http://modmyi.com. All credit goes to them for putting it together. Hopefully this will help some of you with skinning your iPhone :).

Homescreen

Calculator Icon
/Applications/Calculator.app/icon.png
Maps Icon
/Applications/Maps.app/icon.png
Calendar Icon
/Applications/MobileCal.app/icon.png
Mail Icon
/Applications/MobileMail.app/icon.png
iPod Icon
/Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/icon.png
Notes Icon
/Applications/MobileNotes.app/icon.png
Phone Icon
/Applications/MobilePhone.app/icon.png
SMS Icon
/Applications/MobileSMS.app/icon.png
Safari Icon
/Applications/MobileSafari.app/icon.png
Camera Icon
/Applications/MobileSlideShow.app/icon-Camera.png
Photos Icon
/Applications/MobileSlideShow.app/icon-Photos.png
Clock Icon
/Applications/MobileTimer.app/icon.png
Settings Icon
/Applications/Preferences.app/icon.png
Stocks Icon
/Applications/Stocks.app/icon.png
Weather Icon
/Applications/Weather.app/icon.png
YouTube Icon
/Applications/YouTube.app/icon.png
The Dock
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SBDockBG2.png

Locked Screen

Slider Bar
System/Library/Frameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/bottombarknobgray.png
Unlock Text
/System/Library/Frameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/bottombarlocktextmask.png

Global

Color or picture of ringer background when you used volume keys
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/hud.png
Alert bubble for calls, sms, etc.
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/SBBadgeBG.png
Top Background where the signal bar is
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/FST_BG.png

Battery Charging Screen

Battery Backround
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/BatteryBG_1.png-BatteryBG_17.png

Top Info Bar (signal strength, battery, etc.)

Carrier Logo
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png (lighter one)
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/Default_CARRIER_ATT.png (darker one)

Signal Strength
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/FSO_0_Bars.png-FSO_5_Bars.png
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/Default_0_Bars.png-Default_5_Bars.png

Bluetooth
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/FSO_Bluetooth.png

Background (bar color) HomeScreen
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/FSO_BG.png

Background (bar color) Lock mode
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/FST_BG.png

Background (bar color) All other screens (Text, Safari, Mail, etc.)
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/default_BG.png

WiFi Bars
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/FSO_0_AirPort.png
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/FSO_1_AirPort.png
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/FSO_2_AirPort.png
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/FSO_3_AirPort.png
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/Default_0_AirPort.png
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/Default_1_AirPort.png
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/Default_2_AirPort.png
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/Default_3_AirPort.png

Power On/Off Screen

The logo (only shows when it starts to minimize)
/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/Applelogo.png

Power Slider
System/Library/Frameworks/TelephonyUI.framework/bottombarknobred.png

Calculator

Background
/Applications/Calculator.app/CalculatorBackground.png
Screen Background
/Applications/Calculator.app/LCDBackground.png

iPod

Rating Stars
/Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/star_filled.png

Phone

Keypad
/Applications/MobilePhone.app/BarDialer_Sel.png

SMS

Input Field (Bubble where you type you're text message)
/Applications/MobileSMS.app/BalloonInputField.png
Baloon 1 (Bubble where sent text messages are)
/Applications/Calculator.app/Baloon_1.png
Baloon 2 (Bubble where received text messages are)
/Applications/Calculator.app/Baloon_2.png
Bottom Bar Background (Background behing the text input field)
/Applications/MobileSMS.app/MessageEntryBG.png

Safari

Url Bar
Idle
/Applications/MobileSafari.app/Url.png
Inactive
/Applications/MobileSafari.app/UrlInactive.png
Active
/Applications/MobileSafari.app/UrlProgress.png

Mail

Trash Can for deleting mail
/System/Library/PreferenceBundles/MobileMailSettings/trashmbox.png

Last edited by a moderator:

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I have been searching everywhere on how to change the locked screen background. Well, I know how to change it, I just need to know where the file is located and the name of it. Notice how it's missing from this list. Only the unlock text and slider are listed under locked screen. I have seen people mod it. I want to do the same! i'm tired of the picture of the earth.:)

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I have been searching everywhere on how to change the locked screen background. Well, I know how to change it, I just need to know where the file is located and the name of it. Notice how it's missing from this list. Only the unlock text and slider are listed under locked screen. I have seen people mod it. I want to do the same! i'm tired of the picture of the earth.:)
Um what? It's called your "wallpaper". Go through you photos, touch the arrow bottom left and choose "Use As Wallpaper". I haven't seen that picture of the earth since June 30th!

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Stevonw - What's the deal with the system png's ? I take it they're compressed or encrypted in some special way as I can't view them - I'm sure this is documented somewhere - am just lazy

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Stevonw - What's the deal with the system png's ? I take it they're compressed or encrypted in some special way as I can't view them - I'm sure this is documented somewhere - am just lazy
Nah you're right they are encrypted. I'm sure i've seen a tool somewhere to decrypt them. I'll have a look and see if i can find it for you :) .

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Thanks - is it possible to replace these images on the phone then with standard png replacements?
Yeah, you can replace them with anything you want, even the standard pmng replacements. I personally prefer to mod each icon app and not run Summerboard :D.

Thought this list would be helpful for those that want to do something similar :).

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK

You could always put it in manually in the root if you want. Are you referring to the lock background (as the background for the springboard is only available via Summerboard)

If you are referring to the locked background it's located in /Var/Root/Library/Lockbackground.jpg

I think the iPhone automatically makes the file a .jpg, not sure though.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
.. Wow.

That's all I have to say...

- John

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I know how to set wallpaper. I even made my own sliders in photoshop. When I set a wallpaper it puts that wallpaper for the homescreen and the lock screen. I wanted to have one background for the homescreen and another for the locked screen. In summerboard when I place a wallpaper in a folder it uses the same one for both screens. That's why I asked what the name and location of the locked screen is so i can name it its appropriate name since my file called wallpaper.PNG goes into both screens.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
You could always put it in manually in the root if you want. Are you referring to the lock background (as the background for the springboard is only available via Summerboard)

If you are referring to the locked background it's located in /Var/Root/Library/Lockbackground.jpg

I think the iPhone automatically makes the file a .jpg, not sure though.
I found this file mentioned elsewhere and it appears that this is the one I'm looking for. Unfortunately, when I go into that directory, It does not list that .png file, but just other folders, with most of them being named after applications. I can't win :(

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I found this file mentioned elsewhere and it appears that this is the one I'm looking for. Unfortunately, when I go into that directory, It does not list that .png file, but just other folders, with most of them being named after applications. I can't win :(
I think i know what you are talking about, do the normal way to set the lock background and use Summerboard to set the springboard wallpaper

To get the wallpaper on the Springboard you must put the wallpaper in the theme folder with the name "Wallpaper.PNG".

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I think i know what you are talking about, do the normal way to set the lock background and use Summerboard to set the springboard wallpaper

To get the wallpaper on the Springboard you must put the wallpaper in the theme folder with the name "Wallpaper.PNG".
I have already placed my wallpaper inside my theme's folder. That's working fine. I just want to change the locked screen wallpaper. Right now I have the same wallpaper for both screens. Summerboard apprently chooses to apply my chosen wallpaper to both screens. If there is no way around this I would rather place them directly into the native directory, not through summerboard. The only problem is, is that I can't find the lockbackground.jpg file! I followed your last post's path, but it is not listed there.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
What have you set as your phones default wallpaper (through photo's button). That is your phones default wallpaper where you can set a custom wallpaper.

If you don't have one set then Summerboard will overwrite it and use the one in your themes folder for both.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
What have you set as your phones default wallpaper (through photo's button). That is your phones default wallpaper where you can set a custom wallpaper.

If you don't have one set then Summerboard will overwrite it and use the one in your themes folder for both.
I should have made it clear that my preffered background for my homescreen was no mbackgorund at all - black. So, since I never chose a wallpaper technically, there was no lockbackground.jpg file to create! Now that I created a wallpaper that was all black and chose it as my wallpaper, the lockbackground.jpg file has appeared! I know how to go about changing the rest. Thanks!

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I should have made it clear that my preffered background for my homescreen was no mbackgorund at all - black. So, since I never chose a wallpaper technically, there was no lockbackground.jpg file to create! Now that I created a wallpaper that was all black and chose it as my wallpaper, the lockbackground.jpg file has appeared! I know how to go about changing the rest. Thanks!
No problem, i think i was even confusing myself there lol :D