iPhone in Endless Reboot

Sep 29, 2007
My iPhone went into a endless reboot after downloading the applications TTR and Guitar Hero and Showtime. After they installed it went to the home screen and I got the spinning wheel and never went away after 20 mins. I turned off my phone and it still did it and would not leave after an hour and a half. I am contenplating a restore later tonight but wondering if anyone knows what to do.

I am on an AT&T 8GB iPhone JB 1.1.3 using MBP

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Unfortunately, the only fix is to put the phone in DFU mode and then restore.
There is no way (that I know of, or have seen ) to stop the endless reboot otherwise.

cpolaris502

Bronze
Nov 15, 2007
Rogers, MN
yes you can fix it. i did the exact same thing a few days ago. follow the directions in the following link and when you get the program up and running. find the applications folder in the phone and delete the ttr application.

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15569

you will need the plugin that it says. like i said do everything it says, that is actually written for copying music from the phone to the computer.
so when you get to that part ignore it.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
If you're on Mac, use Independence to get out of the boot loop, for PC use iBrickr .91

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
If you're on Mac, use Independence to get out of the boot loop, for PC use iBrickr .91
I had tried that when I got the endless reboot attempting to downgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 to jailbreak. I brickr couldn't stop it. I had to go back into DFU and restore to stock 1.1.3.
Of course, I believe it depends on what is causing the reboots, so where mine was probably an OS issue, his is probably an app issue.