iPhone in ireland

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Hi All

Has anyone heard even the tinyest little rumor about the iPhone Irish release date.

Cheers

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Hi All

Has anyone heard even the tinyest little rumor about the iPhone Irish release date.

Cheers

Does the UK phones count? What are the names of the tele companies in Ireland? I would think they would be the same.

Also love Cork, and the Inn of Shannon.:)

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Apple love ireland too so much they have there European base here. However they haven't seen fit to bistow the iPhone on us. We are not linked to UK when it comes to mobile networks or most anything.

The networks that operate here are O2, Vodafone and two smaller networks Meteor and Three (3).

God only knows how much it will cost here?:mad:

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Its here

After all my trials and tribulations the iPhone is due for release in ireland on 14th March 2008. No unlocking no jailbreaking just easy.

But boy did we a crap deal

€499 ($756) for a 16gb
Lowest tarrif €45 ($70) gets you 175 mins of talk time, 100 sms and 1 (yes ONE) gb of data per month.
There's no visual voicemail (musn't be able to cope with our irish accents)

I am still going to get it and do it legally but when you Americans and British think you are get a rough deal think of the emerald isle and the price we pay for iPhone privilege

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
After all my trials and tribulations the iPhone is due for release in ireland on 14th March 2008. No unlocking no jailbreaking just easy.

€499 ($756) for a 16gb
Lowest tarrif €45 ($70) gets you 175 mins of talk time, 100 sms and 1 (yes ONE) gb of data per month.

I am still going to get it and do it legally but when you Americans and British think you are get a rough deal think of the emerald isle and the price we pay for iPhone privilege
I saw this posted on justanotheriPhoneblog and thought of you. I am sorry that you guys are getting such a crappy deal. What does it cost for a decent amount of minutes and data?

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
I saw this posted on justanotheriPhoneblog and thought of you. I am sorry that you guys are getting such a crappy deal. What does it cost for a decent amount of minutes and data?
TOP tarrif

€100 ($150) per month gets you 1gb also they only increase your sms (250) and 750 inclusive talk time oh yeah and still no visual voicemail. Its unbelievable! 1gb:mad:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007

€499 ($756) for a 16gb

Saw this on TUAW, but I haven't seen this thread before. Sorry to hear about the deal and the lack of Visual Voicemail, but all the same, you've got it!

- John

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
They're even going to charge us 15 cent (20 of your cents) to access voice mail.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Hi Guys thanks for the support/disgust at the Irish pricing structures. Look out for my new web site iWont.ie

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
could any of you give me AT&T pricing structure in dollar/euros and what you get