iPhone In Limbo?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ACIDMX

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Honolulu
So the wifi on my ipod dies while im using the messenger app (Phone is jailbraked not unlocked).

So I go to restore it and it tries to restore it to 1.1.1.
But I keep getting the error 1011. Ive tried to downgrade to older firmwares but no luck...

I don't really know what to do?

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
I would recommend hitting up an Apple store. Nothing you've done to your phone is permanent...

Um, postscript. Don't show up with your iPhone in any state that hints it was hacked. I don't think Apple cares about hacks (they care about unlocks) but don't jeopardize your warranty, please.

ACIDMX

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Honolulu
I will go take it down tomorrow.

Wont mention anything about third party apps.

Ill just say I updated it and it gave me an error?

Can you even update it without activating it?

Or should I just act stupid and be like idk whats wrong with it

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
Hey dude I know this makes no sense, but I almost guarantee this. If you put iTunes on another computer and restore it with that computer everything will work perfectly. Then go back to your main computer and sync away. Trust me on this.

ACIDMX

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Honolulu
Hey dude I know this makes no sense, but I almost guarantee this. If you put iTunes on another computer and restore it with that computer everything will work perfectly. Then go back to your main computer and sync away. Trust me on this.
Aha tried on 3 different computers with different versions of iTunes.

***** just wont restore. Wont restore up or down. Just stuck.. Get errors both ways.

So I think im going to make my mom walk in and say "The phone isn't working. I updated to 1.1.1 but I got an error and now im stuck"

Is that good?

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
/wrist

lol one last thing, you held down the home button and then held down the power button while still holding down the home button for ten seconds until the yellow triangle comes up and then you tried to restore on a different computer, one that has never seen that iPhone before. If you do that I have never heard of that not working!

ACIDMX

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Honolulu
Tried it..

You know what im not gonna loose any sleep over this.

I have a date and a geometry test tomorrow. Im just gonna have my mom drop by and exchange it :p