iPhone in Speaker dock

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
May 31, 2007
Does anyone know if the iPhone is the same size as the 60g iPod? I want to be able to drop it into my Apple hiFi. If so, what happens if the phone rings. I'm sure Aplle has thought this through, but I am curius how this interfacing with dock hardware will work.

Arrakis

Bronze
May 30, 2007
It is longer, I believe, than the 60G. But if you looked in the keynote address there was a slide of an Ipod in a Dock connector, and an iPhone in one too, but the iPhone's was slightly different.So they might make a new docker.
There very smart down there, so i'm sure they have thought out all possibilities. They know it has to be able to take a call. Maybe a pop-up will show saying someone is calling you, or you will hear it from the iPhone. (but thats just my opinion)

jtlax3

Bronze
May 31, 2007
seriously, I am amazed at how many new and different issues come up because of the fact that this is a phone and iPod and internet surfing device. Really good questions coming up about how everything is going to interface together. I can't wait to be able to check one out in the AT&T stores.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
The accessories that are being advertised for the iPhone are the same that are advertised for the Nano and iPods. I think it will have the same dock connector as the others. It might not fit some of them physically, but the connector will probably be the same.