iPhone insurance - $8.99 a month

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
http://www.iPhonereplacementservices.net/

Has anyone seen this our have it? I just heard an advertisement on my local radio station for it....Any thoughts or comments... Just wondering what everyone else thinks about it. Let me know. Never say anything like this before. Also they insure ipods and some other stuff too.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I would check with my homeowners ins. first and see if you can do something there. This might be legit, but I don't know.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
hmmm....Better Business Bureau?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Just had another thought. That sounds like an extremely high price to insure a phone. Check with homeowners.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
No waaaaay would I pay that much for phone insurance... even for an iPhone.

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
That price isn't much more then what ascurian charges for PDA/Blackberries. I think the highest plan was $7 a month, but it was no questions asked for a replacement.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
I have All-State insurance on my laptop--$54 a year. I would gladly take out a rider if iPhones were allowed. Alas, they are not.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
My PAP through State Farm is $50ish a year with $0 deductible, a bit of a better deal than this. However if this IS legit then it might be worth it.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
My PAP through State Farm is $50ish a year with $0 deductible, a bit of a better deal than this. However if this IS legit then it might be worth it.
A bit.:laugh2: How about over half. The figure in the OP was $108 a year.:)

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
Do you have other State Farm policies? Did you need to have one to get the PAP? Did you get your PAP online?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It actually isn't. Our Homeowners insurance and auto insurance are both through All State. I just drove to the nearest State Farm office and asked if they insured stuff like that and the lady checked her book, took some pics of the phone and made a copy of the receipt and sent me on my way. I don't have any other insurance policies through State Farm, just the PAP.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
It actually isn't. Our Homeowners insurance and auto insurance are both through All State. I just drove to the nearest State Farm office and asked if they insured stuff like that and the lady checked her book, took some pics of the phone and made a copy of the receipt and sent me on my way. I don't have any other insurance policies through State Farm, just the PAP.
Really. I am surprised they would do something this small without other businesss. Learn something new every day.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Really. I am surprised they would do something this small without other businesss. Learn something new every day.
Yeah I was expecting the lady to tell me "no" but she said it was the first time she had ever done anything like insuring a phone in 18 years of working there but it was listed right in the book as something to insure. I've thought about going back and having some of my other stuff (watches, laptop) and such insured as well.

N

NoFire

Not sure I would want to file a claim through my homeowners. Homeowners is expensive enough! Plus, what about the deductible? We found iPhone insurance for mine and my wife's 16GB iPhones through http://www.InsureYourPhone.com It only comes out to $5.00 a month and covers us against loss, theft, water damage and breakage They gave us a lost and found program that pays a reward if we loose one and someone finds it. Beats shelling on $500.00 + for a new one!

I think I was paying like $7.00/month through Ascurion for my Treo 650w and they'll cancel you after a couple claims. These guys don't cancel you.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
So let's assume $9 is cheap, but what about the plan itself? $30 + $9 every month? Too much for such a phone :p.