iPhone Insurance plans

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mm1250

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
Hello All,

I have my lovely iPhone but after switching I don't' recall ever setting up any of the insurance plans.. With my Nextel service, I had 2 insurance plans that they charged me monthly for lost/stolen and use damage to the phone. The charge was around $$4.95 /mo.

God forbid I loose or break my iPhone, I would have to buy a new one. Does ATT or Apple have a insurance plan for this? if so, how much?

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Hello All,

I have my lovely iPhone but after switching I don't' recall ever setting up any of the insurance plans.. With my Nextel service, I had 2 insurance plans that they charged me monthly for lost/stolen and use damage to the phone. The charge was around $$4.95 /mo.

God forbid I loose or break my iPhone, I would have to buy a new one. Does ATT or Apple have a insurance plan for this? if so, how much?
When I asked the representative whilst in line they said no insurance :[

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
yes new phones like these especially when they don't have many in stock, they don't allow insurance for the first few months. When i bought a SLVR when it first came out they didn't let me get the insurance until after 3 months.

Denny Crane

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Alabama
Hello All,

AT&T doesn't offer insurance on smartphones and other similar devices.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
The above is correct. AT&T does not offer insurance for any of its smartphones and the iPhone is no different. Applecare will soon be available for the iPhone but only extends the manufacturer's warranty to three years; it will not cover theft, loss, accidental damage, etc.

Just be very careful.

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
i know of a website that sells mobile phone insurance (www.mobileprotech.com) but it seems the whole website doesn't even function any longer.

anyone know of another site/company that sells insurance inside the U.S.?

jags86

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
everyone should invest in an american express card. when you buy with one, you get a 1 year extended manufacturers warranty (which is good because Apple warranties blow), and you get theft, accidental damage, and lost item insurance for the initial 90 days following the purchase for up to $1000. I've used it before for an xbox360 which unfortunately took a nose dive off the top of my tv--its really a great option.