iPhone Internet Connection

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by jalalawi, May 22, 2014.

1. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

In general I have noticed that the iPhone's internet connection to mobile internet 3G/4G or the Wi-Fi is always weaker than the other mobile phone and specifically the Samsung's mobiles. Anything can be done at my end to increase the performance in the iPhone?

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Are you referring to download/upload speeds? Which Samsung are you comparing the iPhone 5 too?

3. jalalawi

jalalawi Member
    Bronze

No, I am referring to connection speed as I have Galaxy S3 mini and Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 in addition to the iPhone 5 but if I enter the house the galaxy phones very quick to connect to Wi-Fi but the iPhone needs longer time and always disconnect from the Wi-Fi. Also currently I am facing difficulties in connecting the 3G mobile network with my iPhone but the galaxy always on H/3G!

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Try forgetting the WiFi network and adding it back in and/or resetting your network settings.

5. Irish76

Irish76 Member
    Bronze

I'm having similar problems. I find that my iPhone 5 drops the wifi signal in my home frequently, when other devices do not. When this happens, it's often a struggle to reconnect. I've tried "forgetting the wifi" several times.