iPhone Internet

__DorkSterr

Bronze
Jan 20, 2008
okay I know the iPhones wireless internet is hella expensive 15cents per KB!. but I use my own wifi wireless router will my carrier still charge me 15cents pre KB?.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
no... wi fi is not charged... hence ipod touch has wifi.. how will they get charged for it ...
wi fi is FREE.... just make sure that you are always connected to it... otherwise it will charge for data per kb...

just wondering.. don't yo have to have the internet plan to have the iPhone?

__DorkSterr

Bronze
Jan 20, 2008
ya I have a plan Unlimited in coming calls 1000 mins after 9pm and unlimited weekends. I was doing an experiment i turned my wifi off then i went on safari (iPhone Internet) and it said "you are not subscribed to edge" and it left it blank is that good?.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
no i don't think so.. i was under the impression that all iPhone owners [except unlocked members] had to pay the 20$ att edge plan service....

id call or go to local at store and see what is up with that

stevenshizzle

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I don't understand...I pay $20 for 200 texts + unlimited data. How are you paying for each KB? You must have been set up by an unexperienced and uninformed customer service rep. Recommend you call AT&T ASAP. Good luck :D

__DorkSterr

Bronze
Jan 20, 2008
oh i forgot to mention my iPhone is jail broken and i do live in canada so the person whom i bought the iPhone from had to do some tweeks and hacks to make it work in canada i just bought any plan and my carrier is rogers

just wondering.. don't yo have to have the internet plan to have the iPhone?
No. One of my iPhones has a GoPhone pick your plan. I have only 200 minutes and 200 SMS for about $36 a month. No data plan on this phone since I have another iPhone. If I forget and update the weather or something, it takes about .03 cents off my funds available for those 200 phone calls.

I activated it through iTunes this way, I simply made sure I failed the credit check on this iPhone.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes then talk to rogers and get on a plan... otherwise you will pay for it with the heavy $ per kb fee.. that is alll that there is to it .. otherwise you WILL go on the internet by accident and the fees will hurt.. .

that is what i know from when i had my treo...
this happened to me and i payed for it.. big...

__DorkSterr

Bronze
Jan 20, 2008
yes then talk to rogers and get on a plan... otherwise you will pay for it with the heavy $ per kb fee.. that is alll that there is to it .. otherwise you WILL go on the internet by accident and the fees will hurt.. .

that is what i know from when i had my treo...
this happened to me and i payed for it.. big...
Wah! Is even tho I only use my wi-fi to access the iPhones internet they still can charge moi?.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
no.. you don't get charged.. but im saying if you are in the streets and accidentally go on internet. you will get charged for it... that is what i meant .. sorry for the confusion..

to :

@hexonxonx

if you go in the internet by accident then it will eat all the min/$ amount that you payed for right?
Yes of course.I keep WiFi on while I am at home so that this doesn't happen and I only use my regular data plan iPhone while away from home. I mostly use this GoPhone iPhone for texting and for special people who only need to get hold of me such as girl friend.

Last edited by a moderator:

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes that is why i just stick to att i don't like to deal with all the BS.... i have had them for 6 yrs and i have not had anything bad to say bout them... noting that i didn't bring on myself... like over texting and going on the internet with phones that had no internet plan..