iPhone iOS5 won't WiFi sync

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
That's for autosyncing to happen, I just saw that, you don't always have to be plugged in to sync. You can tap the option and manually sync, anytime.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!
This is absolutely correct. But the documentation states connect to a power supply.

Target

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
This is absolutely correct. But the documentation states connect to a power supply.

Target

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
In the phone stuff, but not on Apple's support pages.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Reichan

Oct 19, 2011
Thank u for the response. I did everything u guys told me. But it still didn't work,(i even turned off my firewall) do u think it is advisable to restore ad just reinstall my iOS5?

whiteghost

Bronze
Jan 31, 2010
Manchester UK
Hi

Mine will only work with AVG firewall turned off! Otherwise all works fine !
You can use it unplugged but I read if your battery has less than 20% your better off plugging it in to an outlet!
Also some people have found than in windows services restart Apple mobile device? and it helps?

vice86

Bronze
Oct 16, 2009
Poconos, NJ, NYC
Same here...ONLY syncs if I have it plugged into my PC USB...otherwise the option is grayed out even if im plugged into a socket. I made sure my ports for iTunes were opened. I don't know wtf the problem is. Saw an article about making sure your bonjour (sp?) firewall settings were set to Private and Domain and NOT public...that made no difference either.

vice86

Bronze
Oct 16, 2009
Poconos, NJ, NYC
I guess I spoke to soon...i added the ports to my router, changed the bonjour services to Private and Domain, rebooted my router and my PC and now it works :)

Badfishy

Contributor
Bronze
May 17, 2011
Houston, Texas
Just tried the wifi sync for the first time since having my 4s and it worked beautifully! I synced 5 albums with no problems. I read through this thread periodically as people had problems and learned how to get it going without a hiccup. Thanks EIC!

Verizon iPhone 4S using iCafe app

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
The WiFi Sync works for me if I have iTunes open, it recognizes the iPhone on the network and then I hit sync on the computer. The button on the phone is always greyed out for me - plugged in or not.