iPhone/iPod TV out?

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
I was scrolling around and (re) noticed the <TV out> setting in settings>iPod.

How is the iPod used as a DVD player?

Do I just plug that stereo audio/video (red/white) input cable to my DVD player or the TV? (Sorry for my lack of technical terms)

Or do I need other accessories?

Thanks
Dana

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
do a search for : watching tv on ipod.. i got like 4 resources from that search...

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
do a search for : watching tv on ipod.. i got like 4 resources from that search...
You must show respect for fellow members. Do not criticize them for "not searching". Do not question their intelligence for asking a "newbie" question or something you read a few weeks back. There are thousands of threads here at Everything iPhone. If you reply, I'd ask expect members to:
a. Offer a solution
b. Direct them via a link to a discussion that has a solution or ongoing discussion.

Be kind and courteous at all times.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
You need to have a special cable from Apple that allows you to watch whatever content you are playing on the iPod will play on the TV. Just go to the settings and click the TV out. Connect the cable jack to the iPod and TV.:)

I was scrolling around and (re) noticed the <TV out> setting in settings>iPod.

How is the iPod used as a DVD player?

Do I just plug that stereo audio/video (red/white) input cable to my DVD player or the TV? (Sorry for my lack of technical terms)

Or do I need other accessories?

Thanks
Dana

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
You must show respect for fellow members. Do not criticize them for "not searching". Do not question their intelligence for asking a "newbie" question or something you read a few weeks back. There are thousands of threads here at Everything iPhone. If you reply, I'd ask expect members to:
a. Offer a solution
b. Direct them via a link to a discussion that has a solution or ongoing discussion.

Be kind and courteous at all times.
jjvaldez was not disrespectful, nor did he criticize or question the intelligence of ******** in his response. where exactly do you see that in the 16 words he wrote?

most people don't bother to do a search - he simply pointed out that doing so would have gotten ******** an answer easily. i think he was entirely reasonable.

Jan 12, 2008
the special cable is only an iPhone thing as I use a standard stereo to RCA cable with video iPod

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
iCafe

Thank you for your concern, but JJ did not offend me with his comment.
I DID do a search and found what I needed.

Thanks again

Dana

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
to clarify i was on iPhone and could not COPY AND PASTE the link to the search that i had done... this is Apple fault more then anything....

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
JJ
It never crossed my mind.

Thanks again

Dana