iPhone is a piece of crap. iTunes doesn't even recognize my iPhone when plugged in

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
doesn't even work. hooked it up to the computer, opened iTunes, no iPhone icon pops up, no startup message, nothing. what the hell

shift_2kmaxima

Bronze
Jun 9, 2007
crap doesn't even work. hooked it up to the computer, opened iTunes, no iPhone icon pops up, no startup message, nothing. what the hell

upgrade your iTunes to 7.3
also upgrade your mac osx to version 10.4.10
and then if it doesn't work, you can say s***, but until then, lets be polite bout this piece of equipment,
i have owned mine since 6:05pm on friday, and i love every moment on it, i use it all the time, its the best thing i have owned in my life so far
and yeah EVERYTHING works on mine for me, so idk whats up with all these posts about iPhones not working and crap, its driving me crazy

later

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
i have iTunes 7.3 installed. i have 10.4.10 installed and checked for new software update, im up to date. so now what? i'm supposed to plug the usb and its supposed to just guide me through right? how come it's not working? anybody?

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
If iPhone doesn't appear in iTunes or you can't sync it...

The iPhone battery may need to be recharged. Use the cord and plug it into the wall adapter, not the powerbook.

If that doesn't work, disconnect any other USB devices from your laptop and connect the iPhone to a different USB port.

If that doesn't work, cycle power on the iPod. Press and hold the sleep/wake button on the top for a few seconds until a red slider appears, then drag the slider. The press and hold that button until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't work, restart your computer and reconnect the iPhone to your computer.

If that doesn't work, download and reinstall iTunes.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
how am i supposed to know if its fully charged? what color is the battery meter when its fully charged?
I don't think it has to be fully charged. But at least 50% should be good. It's green when charging.

Also make sure your powerbook is not running off of it's batteries during this, plug it in as well. Else the iPhone won't get any charge from the pbook.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
it'll have a power plug icon in the battery icon insteAd of the lightning bolt while its plugged in.

Have you ever synced an ipod before? If you haven't then you might want to get with a buddy that's done it. It can be confusing the first few times.

Dusty

Jul 1, 2007
doesn't even work. hooked it up to the computer, opened iTunes, no iPhone icon pops up, no startup message, nothing. what the hell
I had the same problem for about 5 minutes when I got my iPhone last night. I have a 15 inch MBP and for some reason if I plugged it in to the USB port on the left side of computer it would only recognize it with iPhoto, once I plugged it into the USB slot on the right side, it was recognized in iTunes as well.

Not sure if the USB port on the left side is not USB 2.0. Can anyone elaborate?

Oh yeah and stop with the profanity, you look dumb doing that.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Wow, you people flip out easily huh? You get a small problem and suddenly the iPhone is the biggest piece of crap out there. Funny.

PandaBear

Nov 14, 2008
My iPhone G3 is also a piece of crap.

1) No support for flac files, what you want to hear your music lossy? I don't. Apple Lossless is inferior to flac. Flac is THE standard for lossless audio.
2) No cut and paste. For word processing, emailing and quoting articles, etc., the iPhone is useless.
3) No support for Flash, so my iPhone is useless with streaming audio and video. Very limited amount of internet radio station with Tuner app. No local radio stations can be streamed via Tuner from their websites.
4) Very limited software for usage like Office Suites.
I guess the iPhone G3 is good for watching vids. Still, the iPhone will not support most of the common files. I know, I can convert them. But why should I have to just because Apple to totally stuck up?