iPhone is disabled- connect to iTunes

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You're not going to be able to unlock it. You'll have to restore it. The only way to get that unlock keypad back is to connect to the computer it's synced with, which you said you don't have. Try a DFU restore if iTunes doesn't recognize it. All data will be wiped off of the device and it will be restored to factory settings.

Parry

May 16, 2010
Thanks Europa for replying.

My only concern in putting it DFU mode & restoring the device, will update 5.0.1 & baseband; which will cause issues for unlocking the phone.

Parry

May 16, 2010
Ok, so does it mean there is no other way out for enabling the device.

Also, I have started considering of sending the device back with my friend & unlock using last synced iTunes.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
If the carrier locked it (by mistake?) I would say it's there responsibility to fix it. I would ask for the manager and tell him to train their workers and fix the issue! Those codes are there for a reason and that is theft and that is why they can't be so easy broken.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Ok, so does it mean there is no other way out for enabling the device.

Also, I have started considering of sending the device back with my friend & unlock using last synced iTunes.
Correct. You either need to restore to factory settings or connect it to the computer it's synced with. Those are the only two options.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
If the carrier locked it (by mistake?) I would say it's there responsibility to fix it. I would ask for the manager and tell him to train their workers and fix the issue! Those codes are there for a reason and that is theft and that is why they can't be so easy broken.
The phone was disabled due to multiple incorrect passcode attempts.

jad1272

Aug 17, 2012
Correct. You either need to restore to factory settings or connect it to the computer it's synced with. Those are the only two options.
I have an ipod that was locked due to multiple incorrect password attempts. I also do not have the original computer that the ipod was synched to. I tried several times last night to power off the ipod, hold the home button down, then plug in the USB cable with iTunes on, but never got a message asking me if I want to restore the factory settings. In fact I never got any message when going through that process. The only message that popped up on my computer the whole time was something about not being able to synch the ipod because of the password issue. Is there another work around besides the holding home buttom and plugging in the usb cable route. I'll try it again, but I tried 4 or 5 times last night with no luck. Thanks so much.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
If iTunes recognizes the iPod, you just need to select the restore button. Put it in DFU mode if iTunes doesn't recognize it.

jad1272

Aug 17, 2012
I don't have the option to do a restore as far as I can tell. The iPod is not showing up under devices in iTunes which is where i would be able to select restore. Any ideas? Thanks!

jad1272

Aug 17, 2012
I finally got it to work but it took several attempts. What I did was powered the iPod off while having the iTunes USB synch cable unplugged. I then pressed & held the home button down for a few seconds then plugged in the USB while continuing to hold the home button. At first I got the Apple logo on the ipod screen which lasted for 10 seconds or so I'd guess. Then it went to an iTunes logo with a synch cable on the screen. At that time on my iTunes a message popped up saying iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode. From there it was easy. Like I said, it took several attempts repeating that process. Thanks for the help!

PeterHolland

Sep 4, 2019
Actually, fixing a disabled iPhone is not difficult. But there is no way to do it without losing data unless you have a backup on iTunes or iCloud. You can apply iTunes, iCloud, or Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker to fix the disabled iPhone. If iPhone has not been synced with iTunes, you may put it into recovery mode and then restore it. Using iCloud requires that Find My iPhone has been enabled on your device. If iTunes or iCloud can not work well, try this program that can help you fix your disabled iPhone without any limitations.