iPhone is not carrier specific

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sams

Nov 6, 2006
www.teenhut.net
As it is now being talked upon that iPhone will not be Carrier specific, which is a great news not only to me but to many Apple enthusiasts and customers. That means this phone can be used for any carrier, which will give it a greater market share.

joel

Nov 6, 2006
www.teenhut.net
If that is the case then end users will be very happy and in all possibility this move of Apple will be a great success. Now end users from any carrier will be interested in iPhone.

emmaonline

Bronze
Nov 24, 2006
I actually just made a post similar to this as I didn't see yours... Is this true in all countries or are you refering to a particular country with this statement? I would imagine a lot of carriers trying to make a play for exclusivety and probably willing to pay Apple big buck for that privilege! I would not want to be the guy in charge of making that decision!

Last edited by a moderator:

you2

Bronze
Nov 22, 2006
Yeah I also feel that it won't be a success if its carrier specific. Scope for the sales widens once it's not dependent on a single carrier. In different coutries mobile service providers would love to get their name along with this much anticipated gadget and lure more customers.

nikki

Dec 7, 2006
I think they will definitely have a lot more sales on this if it is not carrier specific and this would definitely be a good marketing strategy on their behalf.

iUser

Dec 4, 2006
May be initially they will roll out the iPhone without any service provider related boundations,but later on they may join hands with one or two best service providers in the country to increase the sales, or may be the service providers themselves will try to get their name associated with iPhone when it becomes more popular.