iPhone is such a good phone 2bad Cingular is probably the worst wireless carriers out

Jul 17, 2007
baby oahu
T-Mobile 24/7 customer service, monthly plans data plans are reasonable... had the iPhone loved it but being with AT&T sucked, edge network slow and I can't wait for an unlocked iPhone.

I've been very surprised with how fast edge is working for me. I was looking up some stuff for people at work on google and it was surprisingly fast.

I think in the one month, I have only had two dropped calls, I was getting more than that a month with Sprint.

Glad I have AT&T and my iPhone.

MacManiac102

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
I've been very surprised with how fast edge is working for me. I was looking up some stuff for people at work on google and it was surprisingly fast.

I think in the one month, I have only had two dropped calls, I was getting more than that a month with Sprint.

Glad I have AT&T and my iPhone.
Once again... that really all depends on where you are in the US. If you look at the AT&T coverage map there are huge chunks where AT&T service just isn't available.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
i live in Dallas and all the networks seem decent here. where i wish i still had verizon is when i get out in the sticks. but i'm totally happy with AT&T so far. not a single dropped call and EDGE is surpisingly fast.

MikeT77

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
I've said this before and I'll say it again - if AT&T is so terrible, then why can they maintain the subscriber level that they do, year after year. If they were so bad, people would leave after their contract were up or pay the early termination fee to leave. You are entitled to your opinion, but just because you think they are probably the worst doesn't reflect the 61 million + who don't think that way. AT&T is #2 to Verizon in CONSUMER accounts (by 500,000), but when CORPORATE accounts are added in, AT&T comes out #1 by way more then 500,000 accounts.

They suck so bad that they are the #1 mobile service provider in the US...
:rolleyes:

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I've said this before and I'll say it again - if AT&T is so terrible, then why can they maintain the subscriber level that they do, year after year. If they were so bad, people would leave after their contract were up or pay the early termination fee to leave. You are entitled to your opinion, but just because you think they are probably the worst doesn't reflect the 61 million + who don't think that way. AT&T is #2 to Verizon in CONSUMER accounts (by 500,000), but when CORPORATE accounts are added in, AT&T comes out #1 by way more then 500,000 accounts.

They suck so bad that they are the #1 mobile service provider in the US...
:rolleyes:
Have to agree here. It's just so simple -- it's about where you are located and how the AT&T network performs in your area. And, it must perform pretty well in a lot of places.

I have yet to find out in my area but I am going to. Just trying to figure out the best way to try it for the least amount of money at risk! :eek:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I had T-Mob years ago and I'd rank it well behind Verizon, Sprint and AT&T. If you were to say Verizon or Sprint, then I'd probably agree although an unlocked iPhone won't help since they are CDMA based.

-Chris

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
I think I have had every cell phone carrier, and practically everyone I know want to go to AT&T if only they could afford it (the ones on Sprint, Verizon, and Tmobile)

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
T-Mobile 24/7 customer service, monthly plans data plans are reasonable... had the iPhone loved it but being with AT&T sucked, edge network slow and I can't wait for an unlocked iPhone.

An iPhone on a budget carrier... is that a crime? lol. AT&T is the best. Best nationwide coverage, best plan options, and rock solid EDGE.

An iPhone on a budget carrier... is that a crime? lol. AT&T is the best. Best nationwide coverage, best plan options, and rock solid EDGE.
I'm actually pretty happy with edge. Everytime I use it while at work, I get solid fast page loads. I never got that on my Sprint Treo 650, so I rarely used the internet on it. With my iPhone, I never hesitate to come to this site with my iPhone and many others. It's excellent!

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
hmm thread posters 2 posts are praising tmobile and crapping on AT&T lol.

Honestly, purchasing the iPhone has been a completely different process than any previous phone Ive bought. Really what makes you think anyone can truly unlock 100% of the iPhone. When/If they do, if its before the iPhone gets on another network, it won't have all the features available thats for sure.

Jul 1, 2007
AT&T again

Again, AT&T is less than adequate - DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVE! It isn't really an issue if all service was the same. Customer service has improved from the last time they were AT&T but actual service WHERE I LIVE is less than you would be happy with. Great wi-fi in my home but outside, in surrounding communities I get the EDGE could not be activated even when there is 5 bars and a large E. Oh well, it is a good phone and some day it will be better with a better provider.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
Again, AT&T is less than adequate - DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVE! It isn't really an issue if all service was the same. Customer service has improved from the last time they were AT&T but actual service WHERE I LIVE is less than you would be happy with. Great wi-fi in my home but outside, in surrounding communities I get the EDGE could not be activated even when there is 5 bars and a large E. Oh well, it is a good phone and some day it will be better with a better provider.
Oh we are talking about edge? well thats a whole different story. Whats the name of the tmobile high speed wireless net access? and how has it worked for you?

In the real world I have never heard anything about complaints reception wise when it comes to tmobile and sprint.

Theres a reason why Apple chose AT&T and why AT&T was smart enough to get exclusivity for a long period of time. They've got loads more money and make a whole lot more money to keep up the network.

Lets just say cell phone wise the more rural you are the shorter the end of the stick is going to be. You're going to always get less offered.