iPhone/iTunes won't sync photos

Doakiphone

Bronze
Feb 26, 2008
So I recently sold my first generation iPhone and upgraded to the 3G and I've yet to be able to sync photos. I actually got the 3G the same day I got my computer back from getting wiped clean. So I had a fresh copy of iTunes 8 and a new phone. I figured everything should run and sync smoothly. Well no, it didn't. I had a ton of problems getting music on at first, it would add music for a little while then stop and an error would pop up and this and that. So after about 3 times with this problem and two phone restores I deleted iTunes and everything connected to it and re-downloaded it. This fixed my music problem. But I still cannot sync photo's from my photo albums onto my phone. I don't know what the deal is. Is it an iTunes 8 problem? A firmware 2.1 problem? Or possibly my phone? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Doakiphone

Bronze
Feb 26, 2008
Oh and when I attempt to sync is says its syncing but never stops or actually completes the sync. I've let it sit for an hour to sync 37 photos and it never completes. I don't get it.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
I had an issue synching photos a little while ago. Assuming everything is cool with your computer, I'd go into iTunes and remove the instance for photo synching. Next synch your phone. Once that's done. Re-establish the photo synch, you might even want to put the photos in a new folder.

Then resynch again and see if that works.

gonta666

May 15, 2009
Try Dis bro

Well had the same problem. My phone didn't sync my photos.:(
It just got stuck on "syncing iTunes"
Then i googled the net a little bit and found out that it's NOT a problem with iTunes.
It's a problem with folder called "iPod Photo Cache"
This is what you are gonna do bro.

1.search your pc for a folder named "iPod Photo Cache"
(include hidden and system folders when you are searching)
2.Then click on it and Delete the file
(make sure that iTunes is CLOSED when ya doing this)
3.Go to iTunes and select the photo folders you want to sync
4.Then a message will pop up and say that "this phone has been synced with a different album BLAH BLAH BLAH!
5.Click ok!

You'll get your photos fixed! Hope this helped man!