iPhone keeps changing time by itself

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AeroCare, Mar 18, 2010.

1. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot

Ever since Sunday when Daylight Savings Time changed my phone has been changing time zones on its own. I keep entering Dallas USA and the correct time and a few hours later it's showing Chicago USA and 1 hour later. It's messing up my alarm clock more than anything but it's becoming very annoying.

Is there a way to keep it from updating if it's the carrier who's doing this?
  2. Europa

Europa Moderator

Check these settings:
    Settings > General > Date and Time > Set Automatically
    Settings > General > Location Services > On

If they are already set like that and you're having problems, then you could toggle Set Automatically off.
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. alexjems41

alexjems41 Guest

I have also this type of problem so I set automatically off but also it keeps changing time by itself.What do i do?please help me
  5. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot

I found the problem. I DON'T HAVE the "Automatically" setting! It's not there after redsn0w JB.

I thought it was Sunday when Daylight Savings Time changed but the problem must have started on Friday when I did the JB and I hadn't noticed it yet. I turned on Location Services so maybe it won't change me from Dallas to Chicago, we'll see today.
  6. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot

I'm confused because it's the same time in Dallas and Chicago.
  7. Hawk

Hawk Genius

They might be in the same time zone. And the next question would be "do they both observe daylight savings time?"
  8. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot

I put in Los Angeles and it took off 2 hours so I put Orlando and it added an hour. I'm just going to leave Chicago and set it with an hour less than what it's showing to see if it changes anything.
  9. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot

Yes they both do so I have no clue why they would show an hour difference!
  10. Hawk

Hawk Genius

Does your calendar show the correct date?
  11. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot

I was about to mention the calendar. Date is good but all apointments in Outlook 2007 are showing up 1 hour later on the iPhone than what is showing on the computer. This is hapenning on single and recurrent appointments. Everything is shifted 1 hour later. Appointment on laptop says 7:00 am but it's showing up at 8:00 am on phone. I even synced and told iTunes to replace the entire calendar on the phone and it still all shows up shifted 1 hour. WEIRD!
  12. Europa

Europa Moderator

These suggestions might seem random but it worked for me when I was stuck in a predestination paradox.
    1. Remove and replace SIM.
    2. Reset Network settings.
    3. Fly through two time zones.
    4. Get Chick-fil-A to go and watch "A Benihana Christmas" Office episode.
  13. Well, you have steps 1 through 3 down...
  14. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot

I did 1, 2, and 3 today. 4 is going to be a little trickier to do.
  15. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot

I got it working !! The iPhone has two separate time zone settings. The one used for the entire iPhone is at Settings then General then Date and Time then Time Zone. I found another one at Settings then Mail, Contacts, Calendars then Time Zone Support. If you have Time Zone Support ON but in a different time zone than the other one then it all goes crazy.

I also found out that Outlook 2007 has time zones in it for the Calendar too so I just changed everything to the same city and time zone and bingo ! All's good.... up to now.

Hope this helps anyone out there with the same issue.