iPhone keeps dying even when charging

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Leina, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Leina

Leina New Member

I just got my iphone 6 3 weeks ago and now it's not charging. It died today and when I went to charge it, "This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iphone" keeps popping up. I eventually got it to charge but it won't go past 2%. Every time it gets to 2%, it goes back to 1%, then dies, then charges to 2%, then die again. How can I fix this?

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Are you plugging it into your computer or into wall power?

3. Leina

Leina New Member

Right now, wall. But I've also tried plugging it into my computer and the same thing happened

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Are you using the original charging cable?

5. Leina

Leina New Member

6. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Maybe restart the device by holding the home button and power button till you see the Apple logo. Once done, try charging again.

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

You stated that it gives you the message that it's not certified to work etc. But then you said it's the original. Did you get the iPhone from the store and it came with an Apple made cable?

8. Leina

Leina New Member

Yeah the cable I'm using is the one that came with the phone from the Apple store, which is why I don't understand why I'm getting this message. I've tried restarting it by holding the home and power buttons but it didn't fix the problem.

9. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Hmm, you might have to borrow a friends cable and see what it does. Or take it to an Apple shop.

10. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

It definitely sounds like a problem that your Apple Store would be happy to help with. I really recommend taking it back and asking for a replacement unit. Take it in. I'm sure they will want to test it, and when they see what's going on, they'll take care of you.

11. Leina

Leina New Member

I ended up taking it to the Apple Store and turned out the problem was with the cord so they replaced mine for free. Thanks everyone!