iPhone keeps dying even when charging

Leina

Dec 19, 2014
I just got my iphone 6 3 weeks ago and now it's not charging. It died today and when I went to charge it, "This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iphone" keeps popping up. I eventually got it to charge but it won't go past 2%. Every time it gets to 2%, it goes back to 1%, then dies, then charges to 2%, then die again. How can I fix this?

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Maybe restart the device by holding the home button and power button till you see the Apple logo. Once done, try charging again.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
You stated that it gives you the message that it's not certified to work etc. But then you said it's the original. Did you get the iPhone from the store and it came with an Apple made cable?

Leina

Dec 19, 2014
You stated that it gives you the message that it's not certified to work etc. But then you said it's the original. Did you get the iPhone from the store and it came with an Apple made cable?
Yeah the cable I'm using is the one that came with the phone from the Apple store, which is why I don't understand why I'm getting this message. I've tried restarting it by holding the home and power buttons but it didn't fix the problem.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It definitely sounds like a problem that your Apple Store would be happy to help with. I really recommend taking it back and asking for a replacement unit. Take it in. I'm sure they will want to test it, and when they see what's going on, they'll take care of you.