iPhone keeps going into Safe Mode after jailbreaking

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
Has anyone ever had there iPhone go into a safe mode? im jailbroken 2.1 but i don't think it had anything to do with jailbreaking as the wording was very Apple like. all that happened was a big flash and then got a command on my screen saying my iPhone was in safe mode and that I need to restart and everything was fine again........strange

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Beware

sam2008 said:
Safe mode usually refers to a diagnostic mode used by a computer operating system (OS). It can also refer to a mode of operation by application software.
An operating system in safe mode will have reduced functionality, but the task of isolating problems is easier because many non-core components are disabled (turned off).

bkrgrlmphs

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Has anyone ever had there iPhone go into a safe mode? im jailbroken 2.1 but i don't think it had anything to do with jailbreaking as the wording was very Apple like. all that happened was a big flash and then got a command on my screen saying my iPhone was in safe mode and that I need to restart and everything was fine again........strange
This happened to me yesterday, continously. WTH? I had to keep rebooting.
Did you find out what that was about (safe mode)?

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
If I set a timer when it goes off & when phone is locked then swipe the popup to the left if puts my phone in safe mode.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
If I set a timer when it goes off & when phone is locked then swipe the popup to the left if puts my phone in safe mode.
Which popup to swipe are you referring to? I just set a timer and locked iPhone. Then I swiped to unlock, and it didn't send me to safe mode.

Sent using iCafe app

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Which popup to swipe are you referring to? I just set a timer and locked iPhone. Then I swiped to unlock, and it didn't send me to safe mode.

Sent using iCafe app
Think I figured it out. Bulletin allows you to swipe various notification alerts off the lock screen without actually opening anything up. When the "timer done" alert pops up & you swipe it you go to safe mode. I'm not talking about the normal "swipe to unlock". I guess Bulletin doesn't support this for the timer but would be a nice minor upgrade improvement.