iPhone keyboard glitch?

umakbill

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
I had a Power Support Crystal Film Set for iPhone on my phone for almost as long as I oxned the thing(since mid August), but last night I decided to take it off. (It had been quite used, and was starting to become quite unattractive looking) I was going to put on the second one that came in the pack, but after discovering that it had warped (I moved and it was loose in a box full of misc items) I took it off and put back on the first one.

I sat down to use Safari, only to discover I could no longer press the "@123, ., /, .com, or Go" buttons. I tapped around a bit and all the other buttons work but the bottom row. I quickly checked other apps, and I can no longer send SMS messages (as I can't bring up the keyboard by tapping inside the text area), or use the volume slider in the iPod feature etc etc.

When I do try and press these buttons the keyboard respnds by activating the button just above it (Shift instead of @123 on Safari, etc etc). I did a full restore, and updated my firmware to 1.1.1 and this problem still persists. I no longer have a crystal film on my phone, but I still cannot get these buttons to work!

Unfortunately I didn't get Applecare for my iPhone (it seems whatever I own that isn't insured seems to break) so I'm trying every possible option before I call Apple and send the phone back to them. (I had jailbroken the phone and had several additional apps installed, but they have been removed in the wipe/ update.) Anyone know of anything that might fix this, or any reason why it may have happened?

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
If you could give us the readers digest version and use a paragraph now and again maybe somebody could help you. This is too painful to read.