iPhone keyboard keeps autocorrecting to "Tgats"?

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
my iPhone seems to think that "Tgats" = "thats" and EVERY time i don't do the word EXACTLY right, i get Tgats..

now i know how the iPhone keyboard works so please just take this post for what it is, a joke

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I get that too. Or should I say, I get tgat too. Drives me nuts. I wish that the spelling dictionary were editable - I'd remove that word and and the word "foe" which I always get instead of "for".

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
If it's really totally annoying, you can reset the dictionary.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
My old phone (before an exchange) used to do that for "for"... made it "Gor" every time. I think somehow you accidentally chose that one time and it stuck. Very annoying.

Like Impaler said, you can reset the dictionary. Or, you could try cancelling out every time it suggests "Tgats" and after the 5th time it shouldn't offer that spelling anymore.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
My old phone (before an exchange) used to do that for "for"... made it "Gor" every time. I think somehow you accidentally chose that one time and it stuck. Very annoying.

Like Impaler said, you can reset the dictionary. Or, you could try cancelling out every time it suggests "Tgats" and after the 5th time it shouldn't offer that spelling anymore.
psylicion, I love the phillies banner you put in your avatar, very clever!

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
LOL is the worst. It makes me look incredibly obnoxious when the joke wasn't that funny.
yes...

all my friends know it's because of my iPhone now too.

i now type LQTM, laughing quietly to myself

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
there's also another way that involves a cricket mallet and a dead baby seal.