iPhone launch is China goes awry

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Rafagon, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

The iPhone manufactured in China but they are the last ones to get it? What word am i looking for here? Ironic, yeah, that's it. No, perhaps "hilarious" fits the bill better. I'm not saying things should be doing any differently--all those Foxconn employees have jobs thanks TO US! So we should continue to get the iGadgets first (after all, they are Designed by Apple in California, Assembled in China). Then again, the pandemonium that the Chinese folks caused in China when the iPhone 4S launched there on January 13th, 2012, was reminiscent of a horde of people on obscene amounts of caffeine (and God knows what else) who hadn't had a satisfying meal in months and they were acting as if free fortune cookies were being given away. Apple was forced to suspend iPhone 4S sales in China. This serves them right; no Apple employee should get hurt, trampled over, and end up in the hospital due to this unruly crowd. Of course, even more angering is the fact that a lot of these a$$wipes were scalpers simply trying to buy an iPhone 4S to later sell at a profit.

I'm not saying that USA iPhone launches are a walk in the park. When I went to get my iPhone 4 on launch day (in Miami, FL), it was definitely a trip--but a fun trip. When I was in line for my iPhone 4 (yes, I camped out the whole night), there was nothing but camaraderie, friendships before forged, and just a good ol' time. If only Apple had served beer instead of Evian or whatever bottled water they gave us, things would've been even more fun! Yes, the love in the air would take a dip every once in a while, but all in all, everything went well. Sure, some cops showed up, but I don't think anyeone was pepper-sprayed. :D

I wouldn't doubt if Apple has to start its own Apple Police Department--as least in uruly China, similarly to what we find on university campuses.

2. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

Launches in the US have never resulted in eggs throwing or having a SWAT team coming. In Beijing Apple says that aren't selling them I stores at all just online. I do wish Apple would move all production to the US. They would get a lot more businesss knowing it was American made.

3. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Yeah, because people care where the iPhone is made, low sales show that.
    Nobody has ever cared and never will, well one guy did but he's no longer with us.

4. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

I know someone who didn't get the iPhone for Christmas because it wasn't made in America. plus the US needs the jobs.

5. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Oh yeah, what phone does he uses that's all American? The jitter bug?

6. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

A company like Apple could fix the Italian economy by itself, the way it is, made in china sold in Italy. I don't think you realize how lucky you guys are to have a huge company like that here in the US.

7. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

He is stuck with the 4 because his mom said she is only busing American products for Christmas.

Jitter bug isn't a bad phone! It has big keys. :D

8. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Ok, so he's using a non-american made phone. What kind of phone will he buy that's made here in the US? What you should do is next time he says that throw eggs at him.

9. applejailescape

Gold

Guess that's the type of response Apple are looking for , low stock , big demand prints money!