iPhone Life magazine

Skol312000

Dec 8, 2008
N
They "smartphonemag"(i thnk) made a print magazine specifically for the iPhone! However i do not see "iPhone life" at barnes and noble and other local book stores.

Skol312000

Dec 8, 2008
N
Is it any good? Is it a monthly thing?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Is it any good? Is it a monthly thing?
If it is the same one I am thinking of, it is a quarterly publication. I saw the first issue at B&N. Everything in it was old news if you spend any time at all here on the forums. Didn't see any reason to buy it.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Man that sucks that with the internet magazines will soon one day a thing of the past :(
-Maybe magazines like these should...well I don't know how it could be done but...make an app in the AppStore so that people could pay a one time annual fee for that year giving them OTA updates when the next issue is ready

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Man that sucks that with the internet magazines will soon one day a thing of the past :(
-Maybe magazines like these should...well I don't know how it could be done but...make an app in the AppStore so that people could pay a one time annual fee for that year giving them OTA updates when the next issue is ready
I think it's sad how printed mags / newspapers some day face extinction too. I still have some old favorites that I prefer to read in print rather than on a screen (e.g. Sports Illustrated).

I'm biased on this one as well, because I am one of the contributing writers on this publication.

They do offer a free digital version - see this link for details. That should open in Zinio on the iPhone and work well on a desktop as well.

No OTA updates (so far) that I know of, but next issue is due out in March ...

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I still prefer the printed page to the screen. Of course, I'm a bit older compared to some of you, but there's something about holding an actual book or magazine in your hands and turning the pages. It has the feeling of heft, of weight -- that some work actually went into it.

Lanakila

Apr 23, 2009
Nothing beats flippimng pages as you sit on your throne and contemplate life and all it's glory. I agree things like popsci and pop mech are just too good to go digital 100%

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Wasn't Skol banned for being a jerk or something? I don't remember.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
haha yah he went off buck wild in that thread i made about asking for a nsfw pictures thread. i mean i'm all about fightin the fight, but you gotta pick your battles lol