iPhone likes and dislikes

I

iphone

Just wondering what is your opinion about iPhone?

Likes - Dislikes?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Dislikes- No MMS, lack of copy/paste (though it doesn't really affect me)
Likes- Everything else not included in the dislikes

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Dislikes: No time given for individual calls. Don't know why this bothers me but it does.
Not being able to delete email in a batch function from Trash.
No search function for Contacts.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
dislikes: no mms and for some reason as dturner said i really annoys me that there isn't display for individual call times. really tried to think of some more to put here but couldnt.
likes: most responsive and accurate touch screen i have use and EVERYTHING else

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Dislikes: No time given for individual calls. Don't know why this bothers me but it does.
Not being able to delete email in a batch function from Trash.
No search function for Contacts.

I downloaded an app called iLog, and it gives me the time and duration of each call - it's quite nifty.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
yeah most of the dislikes i had with the iPhone are solved with the apps :)

i guess it would be nice to have mms although i realize i don't really use it
actually the only thing i don't like about it is the lack of bluetooth ability
i used to share ringtones and stuff with my friends over bluetooth (and you guys have probably never heard of bluejacking but that was fun too)

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
yeah most of the dislikes i had with the iPhone are solved with the apps :)

i guess it would be nice to have mms although i realize i don't really use it
actually the only thing i don't like about it is the lack of bluetooth ability
i used to share ringtones and stuff with my friends over bluetooth (and you guys have probably never heard of bluejacking but that was fun too)
I was part of that class action lawsuit against VZW for advertizing wonderful BT capability with a device later found to be seriously crippled. The carriers, at least VZW, has gone incredibly out of the way to steal additional revenue for menial tasks such as transferring photos off the phone, wireless sync, etc.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Bluetooth dial-up networking will become more appreciable when the 3G iPhone is released.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
ok i got another dislike (again its a minor one)
the alarm doesn't go off when the phone is off
i know that would be ridiculous for it to boot up and then ring just for an alarm but all my previous phones would ring when they were off

i would use it as a wake up alarm but now i have to leave my iPhone on over night and either waste the battery or keep it docked for 8 hours (probably not a good idea)

GSA190

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
New York
Can someone please explain to me what MMS is?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
multi-media messages
they are any text that has a file attached such as a picture or sound clip

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
i know that would be ridiculous for it to boot up and then ring just for an alarm but all my previous phones would ring when they were off

i would use it as a wake up alarm but now i have to leave my iPhone on over night and either waste the battery or keep it docked for 8 hours (probably not a good idea)
my last phone did that and i didn't no it until one day. i was taking my SAT and my phone was turned off but the alarm still sounded.
but regarding keeping your phone docked all night there is no problem with that. i do it every night all night. you used to not be able to do that with old recharable batteries because they would over charge but with lithium polymer, which the iPhone has, they wont over charge and also when the phone is fully charged the phone stops charging the battery anyways.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
but it is still plugged in so how exactly does it stop?
i know it does stop but after sitting there for 8 hours it must go down at least 1% so does it charge that 1% again?
it confuses me thinking about it lol
i think its still probably better to leave it off overnight but i think too much

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
it doesn't 100% stop charging it does whats called a trickle, which barley puts any power to the battery. when the phone is plugged in though, it primarily stops using the battery and draws its power from the usb. the only thing it still uses the battery for is in case there is a power outage or when you unplug the phone so it wont turn off from the sudden cut in power. it is 100% safe to leave your phone plugged in over night it wont damage it or shorten the battery life what so ever.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Just wondering what is your opinion about iPhone?

Likes - Dislikes?
Dislikes - the number of keystrokes it takes to place a call and the lack of voice dailing through bluetooth.

Likes - EVERYTHING else.;)

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
I am SO glad you posted this - I just assumed that it did! I tested it, and you're right. I use my phone as an alarm while traveling - glad I didn't learn this the hard way! :cool:

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
iPhone

I got this phone the day it came out and is still my favorite toy. The apps just keep me coming back for more, especially the game emulators.

-I do wish that New Email would appear like new text messages. Doesn't have to be a preview just tell me how many emails I have.
-I also don't like that you can't change the SMS sound without customize (which I can't get to work with 1.1.4). The sounds that are included are hard to hear or they are not that appealing.