iPhone Locater via Facebook>Google Maps Locate Me?

Sep 29, 2007
I do not know why but I have on Facebook a pretty cool app that sends its location to your Facebook every 15 mins and can display where it is and it is very accurate. It is through Google Maps so its the same type but this one shows EXACTLY where I am. I am not kidding its literally maybe 20-30 ft off. On the other hand when I use locate me using the App Locate Me or the feature in the actual Google Maps it gives me the same spot but 3-4 miles off.

I do not know if I am the only one or why this is?

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Good question. Try asking Dan himself - click on Facebook app and you can either message Dan or post a question on the wall.

mersi

Mar 30, 2009
does anyone know how i can locate my iPhone? i lost it last night and i keep calling it but nothing! is there anyway i can put in my number and through the gps on the phone it will send me the location?

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
does anyone know how i can locate my iPhone? i lost it last night and i keep calling it but nothing! is there anyway i can put in my number and through the gps on the phone it will send me the location?
Call AT&T and the police. They can track the phone through GPS.

And BTW...if you are actually the one trying to cover your tracks, good luck.

I'm not accusing at all, but one post members sure do make me wonder;)

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I've been using GPS Tracker to do the same thing. There is a facebook app as well.