iPhone locked up

SwingOnThis

Bronze
Feb 29, 2008
Any way to remedy this w/o syncing? I'm at work and won't be able to sync all day, and my phone is giving me nothing but the Apple logo every time i reboot. Help!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
So the Apple logo is the only screen you see? If this is the case then I would recommend trying a soft reset by holding the home and sleep buttons and if that doesn't do the trick, then a restore might be your only possible fix. Are you familiar with putting the phone into DFU?

Vpeach

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
My phone is doing the exact same thing! Ive done 3 soft resets and let the battery drain too. I really don't want to lose the pictures on there......

I was updating one of the apps and the phone decided to restart on its own(which it does whenever it freezes up during a task)
I'm using a first generation iPhone with the up to date firmware.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Does iTunes recognize your phone when you plug it into iTunes? If the computer recognizes that the phone is plugged in then you should have the ability to pull the photos off. Unfortunately, I do not think there is a way to get them off otherwise.

SwingOnThis

Bronze
Feb 29, 2008
Well i wound up taking it to the Apple store and they had to do a restore to get the thing going again. Lost about 3 days worth of photos and a few appointments. I gotta remember to backup and sync every morning when i get to work!

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
I had the same prob but keep trying to plug up you iPhone to iTunes the tab will will pop up to get your pics off or it did for me. With the phone off plug in the phone and hold the home button down at the same time and don't let go till a usb cord and iTunes logo comes on then restore and your good. Hopefully you have backed up you iPhone lately.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
See if the phone shows up in iPhoto (Mac) or Scanners & Cameras (Windows). If so, you can at least copy them off of the camera storage area from there.

skinnyz

Jul 13, 2009
Trinidad
i have a problem with the iPhone locking up on the logo. i was trying to down load an app and restart the phone. the phone seems to start to boot up normal until, some kind of circular symbol appears at the bottom of the Apple logo. it will stay some time up with the logo and this thing at the bottom of the logo, then shuts down and starts back up again with Apple logo and repeating the same activity again. i need some serious help. anybody please

iowamark

Jan 10, 2011
my unlocked jailbroken 3g iPhone will not reboot or do anything! it goes to the black screen with the Apple and trys to do some thing but then dose nothing! any ideas? help!:confused:

iowamark

Jan 10, 2011
what do i need to do? did not jail break my self.

bikerboy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Ohio, USA
Did you try the Home and power button hold till the phone restart ?
Do you have your SHSH saved ?

iowamark

Jan 10, 2011
yes i tryed to restart, it dose nothing. just goes back to the Apple. i do have that saved.