iPhone locked with account

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by SweepeR, Mar 14, 2014.

1. SweepeR

SweepeR Member
    Bronze

So i restored my used iPhone 5 because I was selling it and during the iTunes set up it said the phone was locked into my Apple ID. So i put the ID in the account, then got into the phone because without it it was locked and no way to use it. When i got in the phone I restored the phone agin via "contents and settings" under general settings.

I got the phone to function again and sold it but now I am wondering if that removed my Apple ID from the phone and anything else that may have been cached into the phone.

I ask because i did research to make sure the phone was completely deleted before i handed it over and online i read some articles that stated if i don't delete the phone via icloud/find or whatever then it won't remove everything and the phone will still be A) locked to the Apple ID and B) the phone will have whatever that is cached into it still.

So did i just sell my phone with some stuff possibly on it?

2. SweepeR

SweepeR Member
    Bronze

I also want to setup Find my iPhone on the new phone but not sure if A) it'll sync with my OLD iPhones account or if its okay now?

3. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Your Apple ID is still associated with the phone. I would have reset all the settings and removed any personal data that you did not want on the phone before you sold it. If it is not too late, I would login to your Apple ID at http://Appleid.apple.com and if you had the phone connected to iCloud, you can delete all that data at http://icloud.com.

4. SweepeR

SweepeR Member
    Bronze

i went to General -> Reset -> Erase all Content and Settings then also did restore as new in iTunes.

Why would I go to the 1st link you posted? Not sure what that one was for.

if I go to iCloud.com/find and delete the data, it won't delete my current phones correct? Or did the "Erase all content and settings" already do the same job as the iCloud.com/find would do.

5. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

The first link was if you want to delete any information with that Apple ID. It will delete any of the data that is linked to the email address that you are using for iCloud. I'd say that you are good to go if you already erased all the content and settings.

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Be sure to turn off iMessage.