iPhone Loudness & Clarity

moonwally

Jun 30, 2007
Before I commit, please let me know if I'll be able to have a conversation in a noisy street with the iPhone. Can I adjust the volume so it's LOUD & CLEAR?

If not, it's just not gonna work for me.

Thanks!

dietPEPSI

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
from what ive read, its awful...you cant hear anything unless you are standing in absolute silence...

but i don't have one so i cant confirm it....and im not sure if its all of them, or if its just some...bue so far a lot of people have complained...

Flyboone

Jun 16, 2007
Mine is almost too loud when adjusted to full volume. I was in a noisy restaurant today for lunch and could hear just fine. Some have complained, but I have to wonder if they turned the volume up or not. It is only about half way by default.

Austinsdc

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
At first i couldn't hear mine either, turned all the way up too. Then it sounded just fine. Weird.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
it depends on your bars and how clear the person is talking

I

iPhone ©

I believe that the iPhone bluetooth headset can improve the voice quality.

Macster

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Oregon
The AT&T store I went to yesterday was out of iPhones by the time I got there. BUT... I was able to play around with a demo they had in the store. My main concern about buying an iPhone was how well the phone worked. After my wife and I tried the demo, we walked straight to the counter and ordered two phones. The clerity was crisp and clear. Had no problems hearing or being heard with all the ambient noise in the store (lots of voices and loud music.)

The quality of the headset volume is what prompted us to spend $1,200 on phones.

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
My volume is so bad the phone is un-usable in a shopping mall. If it can't be fixed, I'm returning it.

Mustang05

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I've been reading some posts about the volume being to low. Mine is loud and isn't all the way up. im happy with it!

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
I've been reading some posts about the volume being to low. Mine is loud and isn't all the way up. im happy with it!
This is actually good to know, it means that mine can be fixed.

Jerome

Jun 30, 2007
I thought the volume was initially very low too, but it turns out i was an idiot because I still had the screen packaging plastic covering the ear speaker. lol. now i can hear in it just fine.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
thanks...i thought we had a major situation here...it may be that folks aint turnin up the volume...'pump up the volume-pump up the volume-pump up the volume -dance-dance...':laugh2:

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
thanks...i thought we had a major situation here...it may be that folks aint turnin up the volume...'pump up the volume-pump up the volume-pump up the volume -dance-dance...':laugh2:
I'm pretty sure people know how to turn up the volume, that's not the issue.

Even when the volume is turned down below halfway, turning it up all the way barley increases the output.

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
now how about the call volume on the speakerphone?
Mine is just as bad. My old phone was a LG and the speaker phone was amazing. This speaker phone sucks. I'm praying that it's just my phone and it can be fixed.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Mine is just as bad. My old phone was a LG and the speaker phone was amazing. This speaker phone sucks. I'm praying that it's just my phone and it can be fixed.
ah man...i hope it can be fixed as well..

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I'm praying that Apple can release a firmware upgrade, and soon, to allow us to increase both the earphone and speakerphone volumes. I'm thinking that maybe they capped the max volumes in the firmware to save battery life?

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
I'm praying that Apple can release a firmware upgrade, and soon, to allow us to increase both the earphone and speakerphone volumes. I'm thinking that maybe they capped the max volumes in the firmware to save battery life?
why would you have to release a firmware upgrd to increase the call volume/speakerphone call volume...that should be the first thing that wks flawless

Lheaxhuns

Jun 27, 2007
This was my first guess too, if that's the case I'm very pissed off. My logic was that speakers require a lot of power, even in car stereos you have big amps to run them. Scale that down, and its' safe to assume a loud speaker may use a lot of power on a cell phone. If they can't fix it, like I said, I'll be returning it.

typer922

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
Not to sound elementary, but do the people who are having problems hearing know that to turn up the headset volume, you must be in a call? Turning it up while you're not on a call just turns up the ringer. I couldn't hear that well at first so I had my gf call me so that I could turn up the headset volume. Works fine now.