iPhone + Mac= Perfect Combonation

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I've been struggling for years trying to sync my mac with my cell phones from trying to modify isync to work, to purchasing missing sync, all the way to bootcamping xp onto my mac just so I could backup/sync with my cell.

Finally with the iPhone I don't have to always use windows just because my smartphone isn't compatible. I can use the mac os which I so much prefer. And the integration is just so seemless. All the the programs that I had to use windows for I now can actually use. My Contacts, iCal(wouldve been happy with that in the old days) iPhoto, Mail, Safari, iTunes all sync so wonderfully! I am actually putting my Mac to so much more use. Thanks iPhone for breathing new life into my macbook and giving the iLife apps that are built in some syncability/credibility. :)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
It's nice, isn't it? I didn't have any photos in my iPhoto Library before the iPhone, and now I have over 1,000.

- John

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I completely understand. I used to have a WM XV6700 I tried to synchronize with my Windows machine using Active Sync. Unreliable and frustrating were the bottom line. I spent more time removing and reinstalling Active Sync than I cared to count. In the end, I stopped using Active Sync and relied upon my mini-SD card reader.

The iPhone and my iMac are a match made in Heaven. :)

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
linksys blows since Cisco started running the show.

i might seriously consider getting a MBP in the future... it's a little steep for my pocketbook at the moment, though.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Yep. I recently bought the linksys for my macbook and iPhone. While it seems to work well w/ the iPhone, I have to reconnect at least once a day w/ my macbook because it drops the wi-fi. Plus the range is not that great, the signal dosen't cover the whole property.

Yep. I recently bought the linksys for my macbook and iPhone. While it seems to work well w/ the iPhone, I have to reconnect at least once a day w/ my macbook because it drops the wi-fi. Plus the range is not that great, the signal dosen't cover the whole property.
With the cheap Linksys I had, I couldn't use my MBP in the next room, yes the signal was that bad. On the Airport Extreme, I can go anywhere in my house and get the wifi using my MBP or my iPhones. Airport Extreme Base Station is expensive, but well worth the price. You get what you pay for with Apple.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Ok guys, we gotta improve this whole iPhone + Mac perfect combination. That would be:

iPhone + Mac + Airport Extreme = perfection!

My iPhone WiFi connection issues are solved after getting an airport and dumping my Linksys.
As soon as I feel like buying an Air Port, I'm dumping mine as well.

- John

cubbie5150

Bronze
Dec 16, 2007
Ok guys, we gotta improve this whole iPhone + Mac perfect combination. That would be:

iPhone + Mac + Airport Extreme = perfection!

My iPhone WiFi connection issues are solved after getting an airport and dumping my Linksys.
Yep, that IS a great set-up... Been using a Macbook Pro & an Airport Extreme Base Station since March '07...other than having issues w/ AirDisk, the AEBS has been a terrific wireless router for me. Only downside is that since iPhone doesn't support 802.11n, I had to switch my AEBS from transmitting -n only to b/g...

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
I bought my Mac because, Yes, it is THE perfect combination.

In a nutshell, I have my digital life on my iPhone and I want to protect it but I don't want to running a virtual Fort Knox on my computer to do it. On Mac, I don't need to.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
You guys are going to make me cry! (OK, not really)

I've had a lovely Mac digital/wireless-airport life for a long time, and the iPhone was the icing on the cake.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
I've always used Macs, I just kept them in their own room as my workhorses for Print when I need to output Quark documents, and as such I forgot about them in my PC days. They're pre Intel, and they still do their job so I've never had a reason to update to an Intel inside Mac.

All that changed when I got my iPhone, I wanted to sync it with a Mac because I knew it would let me do more between the both of them than I could with an iPhone -> PC setup, as well as the obvious security reasons. Now that I'm on a current Mac, it screams comared to my PCs so they are now in their own little room, soon to be forgotten, lol.

2 PPC iMacs
1 G5
2 24" Alu iMacs
3 iPhones

<--- PC user with a passion for Macs, lol

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I've always used Macs, I just kept them in their own room as my workhorses for Print when I need to output Quark documents, and as such I forgot about them in my PC days. They're pre Intel, and they still do their job so I've never had a reason to update to an Intel inside Mac.

All that changed when I got my iPhone, I wanted to sync it with a Mac because I knew it would let me do more between the both of them than I could with an iPhone -> PC setup, as well as the obvious security reasons. Now that I'm on a current Mac, it screams comared to my PCs so they are now in their own little room, soon to be forgotten, lol.

2 PPC iMacs
1 G5
2 24" Alu iMacs
3 iPhones

<--- PC user with a passion for Macs, lol
Don't forget---->Mac junkie!

PhilipJohn

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Bronx, New York
I'm getting an iMac at the end of next month, and I can't wait! I'm so new to computers and all, I'm a bit nervous about learning how to use it, like getting my dvd's onto my iPhone with a mac, I guess that's just as easy, I have a program on my pc for that, really looking forward to iLife!

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I'm getting an iMac at the end of next month, and I can't wait! I'm so new to computers and all, I'm a bit nervous about learning how to use it, like getting my dvd's onto my iPhone with a mac, I guess that's just as easy, I have a program on my pc for that, really looking forward to iLife!
Yep, my macbook is my first computer. I held out on learning one as long as I could but the Macbook has made for a real user friendly experience and not a lot of headaches.