iPhone makes me impatient!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ADDam, Jan 3, 2010.

1. ADDam

ADDam Member
    Bronze

So I buy and sell quite a bit of bicycle parts, and most communication is done via email.

I remember years ago when I would exchange one, MAYBE two emails a day with the buyer/seller, but now, I almost treat emails like IM's. I respond immediately, but it takes other people HOURS to respond! AAHH! I hate waiting!

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

That's what I was thinking...

3. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

If you guys notice the original post, he said he treats emails like IM, thereforee the phone facilitates the almost instant email access and since he carries the phone all day (probably) he has access to all correspondance immediately allowing instant reply. That's how it is the phone's fault. Now most people wait until they check their email on a computer therby not having instant access and taking longer to reply, hence the guys frustration. :cool:

4. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

You sure like to argue:) In deed it is the phone's fault. The guy's personality is aggravated by the use of the device. Take out the device and chances are he would not be as anxious.

5. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

i think it was intended as light-hearted commentary on how iPhone affects our habits; it makes us perpetually connected.

6. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

The problem is with people taking offense to any critisism of the iPhone. Guess what?, I love my iPhone, but at the end of the day, it is just a piece of plastic inannimate object that does not have my loyalty. Once the next big device comes out (if proven better than the iPhone), I will switch accordingly. People stop protecting the iPhone like is some kind of God.:sneaky:

7. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Sorry I missunderstood, it just seemed odd that people wouldn't get the gys point and jumped to protect the iPhone over the guys legitimate problem. I did not mean you directly Juls

8. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

People, i don't think Adam is complaining; he's just making an observation that with the iPhone, we are more connected than we ever have been. At the end of the day, it's up to the user to use it how they want, but the iPhone allows the "now now now" attitude to come through in all of us.

9. vice86

vice86 Member
    Bronze

lol...he only means the iPhone has spoiled him and hates that others takes hours to reply back as opposed to him replying to anyone instantly.

I'm the same way...i hate when people take hours to reply back...especially knowing that people pretty much have their cell phones attatched to their hips. I understand that someone may be busy doing something...but come on...are you really THAT busy that you can't respond with a quick reply that may take up 10 seconds of your time?

10. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I agree 100%. Even at work, to everyone it seems like I work 24/7 due to the amaizing email access I have and promptly I am able to reply to people.

11. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Ok, I'll try to explain it to you again. Imagine you are at war with a native tribe. You are technologically advanced and they are not. You have access to fire arms and the tribe does not. Say you are a warrior that like's a challenge but because of your superior weaponery, nobody from the tribe is a threat. Now Juls, is that the firearms fault? Of course it is. Now you have two choices, 1. get rid of your fire arm (iPhone) and fight at the tribesman's level or 2. Keep your firearm and be superior in battle.

You understand my point?:cool:

12. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Ok, I agree to a truce, I will reserve my opinion and respect yours. End of story.

13. dturner

dturner Zealot
    Gold

+1 on both. This nails the whole point of the OP post.

14. ADDam

ADDam Member
    Bronze

Thanks, it was exactly my point. Lighten up people. I was basically just saying the iPhone has spoiled me over the last few years.

15. vice86

vice86 Member
    Bronze

el-oh-el...thats what I said! But its the internetz....people gotta debate and argue. On another forum I'm on, a guy made a youtube video showing all the celebs that have died in 2009...that actually turned into a friggin debate and argument.

16. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

And sometimes a written post can be interpreted in more than one way, leading to misunderstanding.

17. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

18. vice86

vice86 Member
    Bronze

true..true.

haha...gewd one.

19. TBL

TBL Member
    Bronze

Then it might help to actually say that in the original post.

I agree with Juls, the iPhone doesn't make you impatient. If we were all communicating via carrier pigeon, you'd still be impatient.

20. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I feel it does make people impatient. Just like having broadband internet speed for years. If I switch back to dial up, I will be very impatient. Broadband internet has made me impatient because it has gotten me used to the high speeds.