iPhone Maps App question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPutz, Dec 15, 2012.

1. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.0.1. When I open the iPhone's native Maps app and tap on the "Bent Arrow" button at the top left of the screen, a new screen appears that allows the me to enter a new route or choose from a list of previously used routes. My question is, how to delete one or all of the previously entered routes in that list? I've looked in the Maps settings, swiped the entries to the right and left to bring up other options, all to no avail. I have tried searching the internet and forums for an answer but the results of all the queries refer to the Google Maps app not the iPhone's native app. The only thing I haven't tried is calling Apple or my carrier. I thought I would ask the experts first.

2. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I just answered my own question. Once you have opened Maps, in the upper right hand corner is the Phone Book button. Tap that button and on the next screen near the bottom are three buttons, the middle one is marked Recents. Tap that button and You will be given the option to clear the Recent Routes list. Apparently you cannot clear only one entry, it's all or nothing.

3. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

This was found using google but should answer your question.

Phone 5
    Just wanted to add instructions on how to clear the recent routes history.
    1 Open maps app. to view the actual map screen (not the route screen that shows the routing history).
    2 Touch the little book icon in the upper right corner. Then you should see tabs at the bottom of the screen labeled "Bookmarks, Recents, Contacts".
    3 Touch the "Recents" tab. Then you should see a list of the past routes you have looked up.
    4 Touch the "Clear" tab in the upper left corner. Then you should see 2 options to either "Clear All Recents" or "Cancel".
    5 Touch the "Clear All Recents" tab (shown in red). Then you should see the screen wiped clear.
    6 Touch the "Done" tab in the upper right corner.
    If you still see the very last route on your map: Then touch the "X" on the upper part of the screen, on the left side of the little book icon, located within the Search bar. Then you should only see the blue dot, representing your current location.
    I hope this helps.

4. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Thanks Kriss, I appreciate the speedy reply. You would think I would have learned by now to be a little more patient knowing I would probably find an answer on my own. However, I have this problem with needing instant gratification, after 66 years I still haven't learned patience. Thanks again.

5. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

No problem. I did a google search before actually looking on my phone and finding the answer too. Lol.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I always go to Google before asking on any forum.